Innovative Marine Aquariums

Dosing styles - two part and kalk.

youincolor

How is everyone dosing their two part solutions? (Assuming you use two part.)

I recently added a sump to my tank so now I have options for automating my dosing that I didn't have before. I use the two part from Bulk Reef Supply, and I am dosing 100ml a day of each. Before the sump I was limited to having to just pour the alk part in the display tank in the morning, and the calcium part in the evening. I assume this is really bad but I don't have a choice right now. Now I am still doing the same thing, just in the sump instead. I'm pouring it in the return section and letting it flow into the tank, but the glass is getting covered in what looks like precipitation again and I don't want to ruin the Mag 5 return pump. I also use Brightwell Kalk+2 as my top off water controlled by a solenoid in the sump. I was using this before the sump as well. I drip about five gallons a week. I have had trouble with precipitation in the past, and my pumps would stop working fairly quickly and I would have to soak them in diluted vinegar. I assume that's due to the way I am dosing the two part.

So I guess my question is what is the best way to dose the two part with out having to buy a Liter Meter III or something? I am hoping for a DIY drip system but came up short searching for it on the web. Also do I need to dose two part and kalk? The corals loved it but the pumps did not when I was dosing the kalk and two part full blast, I have since diluted the kalk a bit more to avoid precipitation.

Archived