Top Shelf Aquatics

30H Lighting

beccatech

I am stating a 30G High. I have installed the Custom SeaLife Retrofit 2x64W, 1 - 10K and 1- Atinic. Will this be good enogh for corals?

Maybe even a clam?

I really just kind of do a "wow that pretty" at the LFS and hope it will work. I am saving up for a package from TampaBay Saltwater. ... Beyond that I don't really know what I am going for.

Wow, no flaming, Chris good job on toning down the environment.

Becca , how bout this, search through forums, and members tanks, you will see many other things that make you go WOW, that I guarantee your LFS won't carry. Compile a list of the things you like, and decide from there. A good list of starter items w/ your setup....... shrooms , zoos , ricordea , xenia , Green star polyps. These are all low maint. Coupled w/ a pair of small cleaner shrimp, and a small fish or two, and you've got yerself a reef.

that light is 24wide right? would it fit over a 20 long tank. that would open up your options as to higher light requiring animals such as clams, but then you need to make sure you can provide a suitable environment, things like Water flow, and amount of light and feeding all add up to determine your success.

Archived