Pod Your Reef

Shan's New Solana birthdate 10/04/09

shan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love that second photo! Both beautiful clams. :)

Thanks !!

For you clam people out there... is it ok to have my clams on the sand bed???

+1

anyways your tank is looking beautiful Shan!

Keep up teh good workz :D

Thank!!!

Here is an updated pic of the whole tank. I just installed an AG Aqualine 10k 150w bulb along to go with the 4-T5 actinics. It is alot whiter than my previous bulb, not sure I like it yet.

post-37912-1256918648_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Here is a new pic of my Solana 3months old now. This is an upgrade from a previous tank so no one stroke out.

Just purchased a new Tahiti Maxima Clam shown in the upper lefthand corner of the pic. Its a shame the pic doesnt show its true colors. Thru the glass it shows as blue but from above its neon orange! Hes a big-un compared to my other clams!!

Yes im fighting algae!

post-37912-1262734237_thumb.jpg

This tank was set up on my b-day i love it...for our b-day you should frag me some acans...lol...;)...

thanx in advance,

i will pay for shipping...

• 4 weeks later...
kevantheman35

hey shan, just wondering if your dosing anything or feeding phyto to keep those clams happy? your def making me consider the orbit even with the 24'' it looks great on your tank. does it have a place to attach a hanging kit?

hey shan, just wondering if your dosing anything or feeding phyto to keep those clams happy? your def making me consider the orbit even with the 24'' it looks great on your tank. does it have a place to attach a hanging kit?

thanks man!! appreciate the kudos.

no feed the clams! lots of light and feed the fish thats it!

so far theyre all happy where they are. i have strarted using the brightwell coral amino this week just to maybe keep all my corals happy. ill see if it makes any difference.

i love the orbit, i never even notice the small overhang. i have the woodframe top that you can put on the solana and the light blends perfectly with it. and yes you can hang it if you wish.

Hey Shan, your tank is looking great. thanks for sharing about the outer orbit fixture, i have found 2 for sale so which ever can get me a better deal i am going to go with it. how are you liking the 20,000k bulb in it?

also after i get mine i may share with someone where to find the other outer orbit fixture i know of. PM me and i will let you in on the info

Great tank bro, if you don't mind me asking, where do you get your corals and clams?

Bruce

Thank you!

I have purchased from

the clam buyers group here on nanoreef

Extreme Corals

Austin Aqua Farms

Pacific Aquaculture

Reef Empire (Ebay)

• 3 weeks later...

Heres a pic of my new Orange Teardrop maxima. Hes about 4-5inches. Bought him from ReefEmpire

post-37912-1268171828_thumb.jpg

SOLD!!

your clams are beautiful! WANT!

Thanks man!! Im turning into a clam nut!!! I want more and I cant fit them in my solana!!!

Archived