SaltCritters.com

1st Time Nano BC 14g (Now with LED's)

autopro

• 1 month later...
Sweet! I think I know what I want for Christmas :) How loud is it?

It's actually not bad anymore. It's weird because when I open the hood it is completely silent, but with the hood down you can hear a hum.

I picked up this little guy- girl? last week. When I got him he didn't have all those eggs on the bottom. He is really cool to watch; especially when I feed he comes out to the front glass and starts mopping it up with his little anemones.

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

It's actually not bad anymore. It's weird because when I open the hood it is completely silent, but with the hood down you can hear a hum.

I picked up this little guy- girl? last week. When I got him he didn't have all those eggs on the bottom. He is really cool to watch; especially when I feed he comes out to the front glass and starts mopping it up with his little anemones.

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

Do I smell caviar?

gret DIY for the biocube, for the cost of a nanotuner mod you can DIY and pay for your tools. Question: How are your temps?? You are running 72w total power right? The PAR's for the leds beat the crap outta the PC mod, I would definetly go this route for an upgrade.

Very interested to know your temps.

Those are some evil looking eyes!!!

Haha, yeah my GF says it creeps her out also!

Excellent LED writeup and pictures!

The sketches will come in very helpful for my upcoming build.

Thanks!

Cool, let me know how it goes. I will check out your build later on today.

gret DIY for the biocube, for the cost of a nanotuner mod you can DIY and pay for your tools. Question: How are your temps?? You are running 72w total power right? The PAR's for the leds beat the crap outta the PC mod, I would definetly go this route for an upgrade.

Very interested to know your temps.

Total watts is around 36 to 40 with the fans and the night light LED's. I still have to put a watt meter to my receptacle to find out the actual load but I have just been lazy about doing that.

My temperatures have come way down, I was actually surprised at how much, some days I can see that my heater is on even if the lights are on.

If you have the tools it is a lot cheaper for sure!

Thanks...

• 8 months later...

Awesome build!

You have me almost convinced on going LED now.

Probably going to use your exact mounting template...if you don't mind :).

Are those still the stock fans?

You must have some condensation build up with the lid shut, no?

Ever consider adding some extra fans in the rear, or side to help move some extra air?

Or do you think it's not a big deal?

PS - just noticed your last post is almost a year ago....

Any new pics?

Still loving the LEDs?

Awesome build!

You have me almost convinced on going LED now.

Probably going to use your exact mounting template...if you don't mind :).

Are those still the stock fans?

You must have some condensation build up with the lid shut, no?

Ever consider adding some extra fans in the rear, or side to help move some extra air?

Or do you think it's not a big deal?

PS - just noticed your last post is almost a year ago....

Any new pics?

Still loving the LEDs?

Yeah, the template is there for any one to use. If you need CAD files I have those also, just let me know and I'll send them to you.

There is some condensation but it is very minimal as there is less heat with the LED's than there ever was with the PC's. There is no reason for extra fans either since the temperature does not get very hot.

I have not taken any new pics, I am starting a new build on a bigger tank and when that is done I am going to transfer everything from this tank to the new one. I am going to be sad to see this one gone as it is such a nice tank. :(

This is the build thread to the new one, check it out, it's also going to be lit with LED's:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=246041

• 3 months later...

excellent led build write up, was exactly what i was looking for. i do have one question - you used 2 power supplies. would your exact setup work with only one power supply?

also, where did you get the template for the leds? thats awesome

Archived