SaltCritters.com

5 gal bow work in progress, pics

z6joker9

alrght guys, i got some pics of my 5gal nano.

7lbs of LR, few lbs of LS, around 8 months old. small percula, yellow watchman, tiger pistol, and a peppermint (to eat the apista, hopefully), dwarf zebra hermit, 2 turbos, and a emerald crab.

2x13w 6500k PC, adding more soon. AC mini HOB, 50w heater, AC 101 ph, small computer fan, and a auto topoff in the works.

5gallonreef2.jpg

5gallonreef.jpg

percula.jpg

pistolshrimp.jpg

ricordea.jpg

hitchhiker.jpg

shroom.jpg

parazoos.jpg

returntop.jpg

if someone could point me in the right direction to find unique looking and colorful zoos and shrooms for sale, i'd be indebted. there is ZERO selection here in MS.

tell me what you guys thinks. advice and opionons appreciated!

wow! that's the same tank that i have, darn you cut out the filtrationm, i bought my Galaxy 5 hoping that the filtration will be good enough. How much was your lights?!!? Can you give me a link to where as i may purchase the lights. I'm thinking of starting a nano reef but my lights arent good (they are the stock lights) i might just go FWLRO for now.

(doing tons of research on this website) before i buy LR or LS.

the filtration should be good, but i'd remove the biowheel if you get a good bit of live rock. my problem was that it took up ALOT of needed room under the hood, and the A/C mini is a good filter with alot of options and it's under $20.

as for the lighting, thus far it's been custom work. i'm adding more, but i dont know if i want to add another 2x13 in 03 actinic or if i'm just going to get the 26w quad kit that comes with a 9w actinic, and scrap these lights. Oh, btw, i got these from a worklight at home depot. they were $25 and even came with the 6500k bulbs (some had 2700k bulbs, look closely at the bulbs inside first)

here is a pic of them in the hood.

powercompacts.jpg

even if you got lights, i'd go FOWLR for a few months(i go around 6) before adding anything just to get the tank mature and get the clean up crew setup properly. that's just my method though.

Cool i have a AC mini that i can use on it and i will check at home depot for the lights or anything similiar to them. What type of heater do you use? Well i'm not in a rush to get the tank up so i guess i can wait it out and see.:)

i can't remember, it's either a 50w or a 25w... fully submersible with a thermistat control. it's the same brand i've used on every tank i've ever had, i've never had a problem so i'm sticking with them. i can get the brand name tommarrow when i go to work (at petsmart)

actually, i just bought one of those 50w marineland heaters for my quarentine tank. it looks like a solid heater, and it works good so far. it was cheaper than the brand i usually go with, and it's smaller than the comparable heater. it comes from a good name so it looks like a good buy!

cliffrouse11baseball

I saw your lights in your setup be careful if you dont have anything between the lights and the water. That lighting setup does not have moisture proff endcaps. Nice looking tank btw...

Originally posted by cliffrouse11baseball

I saw your lights in your setup be careful if you dont have anything between the lights and the water.  That lighting setup does not have moisture proff endcaps.  Nice looking tank btw...

thanks! the ends are sealed with silicone, and there is an acrylic cover not shown in the pics on the front half of the tank only, to keep the lights dry but allow easy access through the hatch.

Archived