ReefCleaners.org

Promoting zoa growth

i like fish

you could feed em... mine love cyclopeeze and enriched brine. i find that feeding zoas maybe twice a week or so helps them get nice and plump, possibly provides them with some extra nutrients to proliferate.

if they can eat it... its more likely that palythoas eat and what you are feeding the zoas really are not eating but rather just getting pissed about.

also try cuddling your zoas, they need love to grow!

if they can eat it... its more likely that palythoas eat and what you are feeding the zoas really are not eating but rather just getting pissed about.

yea, some of em get pissed off... but zoas DO eat, maybe not all morphs/species, but in my experience they're quite capable of ingesting cyclopeeze and baby brine.

Should we talk to them also? :D

Luis

Palythoas are the species that "eat". Zoas do eat but they eat foods that are much smaller than we provide which is why a majority of growth is seen from light and fish poop (dissolved organics)

And yea if you want to talk to them be my guest...but just a warning they don't shut up! :P

if you are looking for something to doseyou may want to try aquavitro fuel or a similar product. i m experimenting with it, seems to work good so far. do not overdose, too much nutrients may spark algae growth even if nitrates and phosphates are 0 ish.

edit: spelling

There's been growing speculation about dosing vitamin C for zoas, but I've never tried it. There are threads to be found here and on RC to read about it. And zoas do eat, try oyster eggs, marine snow, or cyclopeeze with target feeding.

Archived