Cultivated Reef

What are your thoughts of these fish in a 10g nano?

Djm9288

Hi, I have a 10g nano. Im still debating on what fish I want in it. So what do you think of these combinations?

Either

1 ocellaris clown and 1 Longnose hawkfish

or

2 ocellaris clowns

or

any other combo of these fish that i could do.

Daniel

Hey,

I know that the longnose hawkfish are stunning, but if you had it, it would have to be the only fish in your nano.  These things can get up to 4" long.  Even alone, he wouldn't be very comfy in that small of a tank.  

If you must have two fish, go with the clowns.  Make sure that you get two small juveniles.  These have the best chance of becoming a mated pair.  If you just pick two random clowns, they will likely just beat the hell out of each other.  Maybe even kill eachother.  

HTH,

MattDAWG! :)

Lunchbucket

i am not a fan of doing 2 fish in a 10gal nano.  i like to keep my bioload really low so i only have 1 fish but don't get me wrong it is fine to do 2.

i would do a pair of clowns.  they are great fish and interact great w/ eachother.

Lunchbucket

my advice is to sart off with one fish and see whos your tank reacts to theintruduction of a fish in it's ecosystem.Then mabe add another. I think the clown fish is a good choice.com

Either attach a 30 gallon sump on your nano or better yet, put it in the 30 gallon sump. A longnose hawk in a nano is as bad as a imperator angel in a 55. It can be done but is a grave disservice to the fish.

Archived