Coral Vue Hydros

acrylic tank tank for sale...brand new-cheap

GPCRalph

This is an acrylic cube that is about 16 gallons in volume. About 16"x16"x16". Has a built in overflow and pre-plumbed return. It comes with a canopy. I am selling it for $110. I really want to get rid of it so contact me with any questions at all. It is brand new and hasn't even been taken out of its box. I have one myself and am very pleased. If you would like to see a pic of my set-up check out the member's tank section.

Email me for pics. It is a very nice tank that my lfs sells it for $295.00.

The picture above is not my tank but one that I thought was real nice. Mine is a little bare right now because I just set it up recently. When you receive the tank it will look exactly like this:

thats a sweet deal considering i just bought the same tank and paid 220.00 delivered! where were you a week ago

aaron

Bunky Squid

where did both of you pick up these tanks? I ordered on from a guy who says that he is the manufacturer out in Ohio. Calls himself Acrylicman [acrylicman@displaycollectables.com]. Reefriot, did you snag yours thru Ebay? Thats where I got mine. And if so, how is the shipping going? Mine seems to be taking a while.

got mine thru him also

steve is a very nice guy and has a few shipping bugs to work out but at least he has kept me in the loop. he said he had some employees and sold wholesale so i'm sure his tanks get aroud. what type of lighting are you planning on you tank? if you need a ballast or 2 drop me an email i have some 2x32watt ballasts that i will be selling for 15.00 each or 1x55watt in a few days

aaron

Bunky Squid

Yeah, I talked to him today, he is a nice guy and I'm expecting a quality tank.... I'm really anxious to get it going.

For lighting I have already ordered the 2x55 watt Brite Kit from AH supply. But I might pick up some more later on.

Do you have pictures of your tank, it'd be great to see them. And how does the built in sump and skimmer work? The pictures that he posts of the tank are not quite as good as they could be, I had a hard time making out how the overflow, filter and sump were layed out.

i havn't gotten my tank yet either. heres what i know .the tank is 18x18x18 the actual tank area is 18wx12dx18h that leaves a 5"x18x18 sump and skimmer area. the skimmer is a cpr clone and actually usp their collection cup.

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but the biggest pc set-up that will fit in these is the 32/28watt kits the 55watt use 21 or 22" bulbs depending on what pin config. thats why i plan on a 4x32 watt set-up i'm going to have 3 over the tank area and 1 over the sump for macro. we'll see though if the sump light will work. i'm just affraid that it might be to much light near the skimmer and cause algae problems.

if you need 2x32watt ballast i'll have them

i hope its not to late to change your order

aaron

ps you can check into the 96watt quad those bulbs are 16 3/4" x4" long then you have to add 1" for waterproof endcap. i thought it was a little to close to call to risk ordering it but it sure would be sweet if it would fit you could then put 2 over it and have 192watts of light!

Bunky Squid

oh... I guess I didn't make it clear. I've ordered the 25 gallon one. Thats 24"x16x16, so there should be plenty of room for the 55 watt fixtures. I'm hoping to eventually order another single 55 watt retro, so I'd have a total of 165watts, or about 8.5 watts of light/gallon in the main tank. Hopefully that would be enough for anything I would want to grow, except for SPS which I don't care for and some of the higher light clams.

well if you need another 55watt ballast i'll have them. there electronic with built in microprocessor. all you would need is endcap and bulb

aaron

As you can see this is a real great product. I am willing to sell it for $95.00. Ask any of the above people that this is a superior product.

As a side note, I will ship immediately upon payment clearance. Email or post any questions.

Bunky Squid

hey reefriot

let me know how that MH works out for you. i was considering putting one in, and still might... in which case I would change the 2x55 watts to actinic bulbs. but i was really concerned about the heat. the acrylic canopy really looks as if it would hold in a lot of that heat and warm up the water.

Im trying to stay away from having to do a lot of water top off, or doing a lot of cooling

actually i was going to take the canopy off if i put a MH over it. the acrylic would warp from the heat i already asked steve about that. i think i want it to look clean though so unless i want to shell out some dough to have a custom canopy built then i'm just going to use PC's

• 2 weeks later...

In order to avoid any further confusion, the tank that I am selling is bare. It comes with the tank which has a plumbed return and built-in overflow as well as the canopy. If you are thinkiing of what can be done with the overflow region, I know that memeber Second2none has converted the sump area into a refugium. I like this tank because it is the only salt water tank that I have set-up that hasn't shown any signs of salt creep. It is ver nice and neat. It is an acrylic tank but I haven't noticed all those critiques about it scratching easily. When I added my live rock to it I aquascaped like it was my job (mostly due to my indecisiveness) and I have yet to find a scratch. I can't say enough good things about this tank except to say that I can't believe no one has bought it yet. It is still availiable so email or pm me for shipping costs.

Rafael

Archived