Cilibrin

aquaglobes are like the peppermint shrimp of the tiny-powerhead world

either you have super success with them - dave espi

or they constantly give you problems - ~_~

if you're looking at the 100gph model,

size for size + track record, i think the microjet450 wins out over the AG100

hope this helps

Adin speaketh the truth!!

My aqualobe showed up with a crack in the housing........I laid down a bead of superglue gel over it.....then after 2 weeks...the shaft and magnet showed signs of rust. Microjet (sans the foamy insert) has operated flawlessly for 2 months now.

EDIT: someone posted a recent pic of a Via Aqua PH......super tiny! Not sure what their track record is though.

that was me :P

the small viaaquas - like the aquaglobes have metal shafts. the box however - like the AG's claim "saltwater safe." you decide ;)

still, the MJ gives solid performance with few complaints.

Aquaglobe = You need to keep cleaning the impeller shaft or they will have trouble. They are nice in that the power supply (the AC adapter) is a wall-wart, so it is not in your tank generating heat.

My MaxiJet 400s never fail and come with a "hanger" along with suction cups. Despite the bad rep, my RIO 90 and 50 never give me trouble either.

Oh, the Aquaglobe suction cups suck (or rather, they don't suck) and more than once I've found a detached AQ200F blasting my sand all over the place!

V

has anyone tried the reptiflo mini pumps? i use on on my 2.5 its tiny and seems to work great, only 16$ and totally submersable, it has like a green epoxy covering the side with the plug i think to make it water tight, iduno it seems to work good it is ment for reptile tanks and terrainiums

Archived