Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Odyssea 13" 24W Power Compact Light Fixture

Nanobuds

Ordered this a few weeks ago, its amazing. With a little adjusting to the legs of the light, it fits the JBJ picotope perfectly. I moved some frags over from my Nanocube HQI, and the colors looked much better and colorful. This light is great for any softies and few LPS.

I rate it a 9 out of 10, because of the minor leg mount adjusting, and bubble wrap INSDE the light fixture, which you need to take our before use lol. Besides that, its an awesome light fixture

here is a link from where i bought it

http://shop.aquatraders.com/Odyssea-13in-1...ure-p/51101.htm

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought one of these from my LFS yesterday.

Yea it was weird to see the bubble wrap inside under the bulb. No clue why it would be there. If the bulb is in the clips, no real need. Still not really a issue.

I wish the legs would secure firmly against the fixture more securely. They tend to move a bit. Once the fixture is in place and mounted it isnt a issue. The light flip-up design is nice.

Right now I have the light over the 'fuge part of my 20L sump. fits perfectly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have 2 on my 7g cube and all my corals look great and grow fast. I am considering replacing one of the 50/50s with a true actinic bulb to enhance the color a little more.

• 1 month later...

I love odyssea products. The bulbs aren't great, but you have to replace those in half a year anyway.

Will probably upgrade my 10gal to the 150MH+T5 combo and am ordering this if/when I get a picotope (38.11 shipped).

bubble wrap on the bulb is just extra protection, i think every floresent fixture ive bought had either plastic or bubble wrap on the bulbs....

pc sucks, every noob knows you cant grow corals with it :lol:

I love odyssea products. The bulbs aren't great, but you have to replace those in half a year anyway.

Will probably upgrade my 10gal to the 150MH+T5 combo and am ordering this if/when I get a picotope (38.11 shipped).

Do it !!!

Dont listen to the ney sayers.

See my thread, I LOVE mine.

pc sucks, every noob knows you cant grow corals with it :lol:

power compacts are also the best choice (aside from led) for pico tanks due to there irregular lengths & high wattage.

spankyleatherlips
power compacts are also the best choice (aside from led) for pico tanks due to there irregular lengths & high wattage.

I hope so, I just bought a 36w pc for my pico as the LED was a bit pricey for me at this time.

thanks for the thumbs up

Archived