inTank Media Baskets

6 gal biotope...pics added, WATER AND LR

jager

Here you go. Clearer pics tomorrow. Still need to make the hood. The LEDS in the pic are what I'm going to use.

During setup

post-37534-1256010550_thumb.jpg

With LR and sand!

post-37534-1256010562_thumb.jpg

Sorry my wives' camera sucks. And the room is somewhat small so that is about as far back as I could go.

The quiet one pump is not so quiet. I have one on my 34 gal as well, it is underwater, it isn't quiet either but it is not as loud as in this setup. Probably going to need to find a quieter pump. Any suggestions? I'm not running a sump, so it is basically a closed loop. I have a mouse pad under the pump.

Nice, do you plan to support the center "bridge" part?

Yes. I actually have a wooden structure that slides in. I took it out for the pics.

If it were me, I'd try to support that bridge with a wood frame of sorts with a little storage drawer in there, so its serves 2 purposes. Very interesting design, looking forward to updates.

Tank is doing good. Really in a holding pattern while it cycles and waiting for payday (friday) so I can purchase a new pump. The quite one is at all quiet. Plus the ~500gph is a little much. I think I'm going with an Eheim 1250 with ~300gph. The Eheim's are suppose to be much quieter. If anyone knows a less expensive pump that is has around the same noise level as the eheim, please let me know.

Found my pump!! I ordered a Panworld 10PX-MD10 external pump. We are only talking 180gph, but I can always add a maxi if need be. So I received the pump today and hooked it up for a test run. Man is this pump quiet!, its only a whisper. Plus it is much smaller than the "Quiet One" I had on previously. Just need to pick up a ball valve tomorrow. I'll get pictures up tomorrow night. :P

THOSE PICS LEFT ME WANTING MORE

MUCH MUCH MORE

get a ton of random like top view and pics of the mangroves or whatever

THOSE PICS LEFT ME WANTING MORE

MUCH MUCH MORE

get a ton of random like top view and pics of the mangroves or whatever

Will do. No mangroves in yet. Actually nothing but some rock at the moment.

Ok, here are some crappy pics, but should give you an idea. Added some macro. I moved most of it from the 10g I'm taking down. Hope to add the mangroves in a week or so. I have four or five that are finally starting to open up.

I just threw the 70w MH on there to give you guys some light. I still haven't built the hood for the LEDs.

The 2x4 supports under the span is temp. I haven't had time to build the acrylic supports yet. I think the arched acrylic supports will be sweet though.

Two upper tiers. I'll be moving some smaller rock pieces from the 10gal soon. 2 to 4 mangroves will be going in the back where the chaeto is.

pico1.JPG

The sweet panworld 10px.

pico2.JPG

Terrible front shot.

pico3.JPG

Side Shot.

pico4.JPG

Side Shot of upper tiers

pico5.JPG

Side shot of lower tier. Reflection from the fuge light on the frag tank as well.

pico6.JPG

Mmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccccccrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooosssssssssss

ssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, now that that is out of my system; might I suggest more live rock in the lower tier? Go ahead and build it up on that wall to create the barrier look okay? Thanks. ;)

I saw on another thread that you bought some blue scroll algae, is it going in this tank or another one?

Btw, did you build your light stand? It be sexy! B)

Yeah more rock is coming. I'm trying to slowly move the live rock over from the 10 gal. I have one probably 5lb rock that will take up most of the lower tier and two smaller rocks. It is not all going to fit, so I'll have some playing around to do to see what looks best. I don't think is big rock will work cause it is pointed at the top so you cannot stack anything on it.

Yeah the scroll algae will be going in here, but I'm going to grow it out a bit in the frag tank first. It is brown at the moment since it is a small frag (~ 1 inch).

Right now there are a few different types of macro in there.

Ulva

Chaeto

Red palm

Red Branching

Halimeda

Red Grape

Red Gracilaria

Flame Algae

I haven't even thought about coral stocking options yet. I do have a lot of goodies that I just put in the frag tank. All are pretty small though atm.

As for the light, the more I think about it I'm leaning towards using the 70w Halide. That way I can have the light hanging a decent ways above the top which will give you the top down view. The LED hood would not allow the top down view.

Hoping to get the light bar for the macros/mangroves up on sunday.

Archived