Coral Vue Hydros

Good Live Stcok from DrsFosterSmith.com?

Volcom

check the feedback forum as there might be more info there.

(mods move the thread hint hint).

I've ordered from them a bunch of times. prices are fair at best but the 10 day money back is a nice deal. Yup, you call em up, tell them the animal died and if you still have it, they refund your money (they don't ask you to send them the dead animal either).

Caution when ordering corals tho. I have received mammoth corals that were supposed to be small and some corals that were large and suffering from minor decay and death. Some make it, some don't. Decent customer service tho so a simple call will get the problems taken care of.

I havent hear anything but great things about them.

BUT

I order 45lbs of the fiji live rock and requested overnight delivery and saturday delivery. The order was processed.

Will, my order was shipped out on Wed and arrived on Fri (two day delivery). It was July and temps were about 100 degs. The package sat on my door step for about 16 hours.

Package had no water left. THe rock was bone dry and everything was dead.

THey refunded me $10 for the extra overnight charged and that is all.

I dont feel I was compensated very will. I ended up taking the rock out of my tank after a month, because I ened up with base rock after it rotted. There wasnt even any bacteria to weight down the sand bed.

I love their dry goods section and may try their livestock again in the future.

odd that they handled it that way. I generally put a note in my order (at all places) that says:

if the order cannot be shipped with all items or it cannot be delivered on specific date, cancel the entire order.

I've had three shipments arrive either incomplete or on the wrong day and I have received all three for free.

Archived