Innovative Marine Aquariums

WhicH of these 2 tanks would you suggest?

nklieman

Hi - I am trying to decide between the JBJ 12 gallon cube or the Amiracle 7 gallon cube. You can see both of them at the South Broadway Tropical Site at: http://www.southbroadwaytropicals.com/Item...es/Seacubes.htm

I plan to really have more of a fish only tank, maybe only one or two (if possible Percs) and maybe a few easy corals. It is going to be on my desktop so I want to keep it simple.

Thanks for the help -- I have never seen any discussions on the Amiracle cubes and would be interest to get some thoughts on that too!

Norm

hey how cool is this i can tell u everything you want to know about the nano cube cause i just baught one it is really a great system all in one and it comes with a power compact 50/50 light it is really amazing go for it youl like it

i have the nano cube and I like it. if you have a particular question PM me.

If the Amiracle tank is anything like their sumps it is an insanely good product. I do not own an amiracle sump, but I have friends that do and they are awesome. you can see the price difference there...the JBJ weighing in at 100 and the amiracle at 200+

it depends on what you want to do with the tank, and I can not answer that question for you.

I have heard a lot of mixed reviews on the JBJ Cube. You have probably seen most of them. Things like, the wet/dry filter is poor, issues with the Ballast going out, overheating issues. If you look at my original post, I really don't want to do too much. Maybe one or two Percs, LR, maybe a few very easy corals. It is more of a quality issue that I am asking about. The Amiracle is only a 7 gal tank and is twice the price of the JBJ Cube so I would obviously have to scale down in a 7 gal tank. I am just trying to figure out which way to go. Yes, I realize it is only a $100 item, but bottom line is it long term decent or short term junk. Thanks for the feedback!

it is not junk at all. The tank works well, and for 100 bucks more than you could really ever ask for.

for what you are saying you want, it will work well for you.

I have a lot of experience with setting up and maintaining tanks and I can confirm that right out of the box this one works, and works well for me, but then again I am not trying to do too much with it.

I have other tanks at home, this one is more of a fun little project for me. You arent going to catch me hanging all sorts of gadgets on the back of it or putting haildes over it or anything. I am using it the way it came, and just added a chemi pure carbon bag and a poly filter to it. I use chemi pure in all my tanks and I like to use the poly filter. I always have, it may not be necessary for all but I have sheets of that stuff lying around so what I said what the hell cut a little square and put it on the 12 gal as well.

if you know what the limitations of the tank are, and you are ok with it the tank will work out for you.

I like the foot print of the tank, it is very deep (front to back) and allows you some really neat ways of arranging the rock and what not. If I had to do it again, I would buy the same tank.

I'm thinking of getting a pair of them for Christmas. One for my chromis, and one just to fool around with (How many fish can the wet/dry handle, how many different gobies can I keep in the same tank, etc.). The JBJ cubes would be good just to expairment with FO and FOWLR nanos. Just add a 50 watt heater, and you have an instant system. The only problem I have with it is the pump; it's too slow. 106 gph is a joke. I'd replace it with a Rio 600 , maybe something even bigger; a SCWD wouldn't hurt.

JLTRUK makes the point that I think a lot of the complaining owners of the JBJ cube overlook. For $100 you purchased a 12 gallon glass tank, a built-in 24w CFL lighting system, and a filtration system designed to meet the demands of livestock that do well in a 12g-24w environment--FOWLR in your case. $100 would only get you part of the way into a 7g minibow + CSL retro type setup. Instead, many people are shoving extra light retrofits because they favor a mix of species and consequently find themselves adding fans, powerheads, and other things. JBJ's fault? I don't think so.

bigger tank = better (for fish)

glass constuction = better (for long term viewing clarity)

Is it perfect? No.

Keep in mind very few people that are enthusiastic about this hobby will be satisfied with a pair of clowns and some coral--in the "long term."

Archived