Coral Vue Hydros

thanks

johnmaloney

:) build a tank for a shrimp... maybe I should get in the mantis market, do they really go for that much? hate to tell you how many mantis get eaten around here, some local fisherman get some very large ones. pull em out with a shrimp on a fishing line from their holes, call it redneck lobster. the small ones are easy, they dont burrow far so you can just reach in and grab them.
:) build a tank for a shrimp... maybe I should get in the mantis market, do they really go for that much? hate to tell you how many mantis get eaten around here, some local fisherman get some very large ones. pull em out with a shrimp on a fishing line from their holes, call it redneck lobster. the small ones are easy, they dont burrow far so you can just reach in and grab them.

I think there are quite a few people who would dedicate a setup to a mantis. How much space do they need? Besides eating everything living, are they reef safe?

gonadactylus oerstedi it turns out, I was told a wennerae but that isnt right. they stay pretty small, tops 3-4 inches, this guy(?) is an adult. shipping would be with Express Mail, which has a base rate outside florida of $26, actual shipping on him is likely to be over $30, so I will actually pay "you" as it turns out for the shrimp if you want it shipped. Local pickup greatly preferred as you can imagine, rather not risk the loss.

mottled brown color with bright green swimmerets.

couldnt see him eating coral, i dont know for sure, I am really not that into mantis shrimps. Probably find better information from one of the mantis people around here. He enjoys eating hermits, that is why he has to go. Friend had caught it for me, didnt have the heart to tell him to put it back in the ocean so now it has its own tank here...

mottled brown color with bright green swimmerets.

you can have him gene, you were the first to offer to pay the shipping charges. will check to makes sure you are next day by noon and then he is yours. You do understand that as a free item that we will subsidize shipping on, there will be no guarantees of any kind right?

i wont be able to ship on sat. going out of town for that weekend. i really want him out by tuesday, wednesday at the latest. he is taking up a 30 long because i can trust him with snails/crabs, and he got lost in the macro tanks when i tried that, took me a few hours to find him, was easier getting him in the wild.

let me know, if it doesnt work out they have nicer looking ones at stomatopod.com, species only tank it would probably be worth the investment, and you may be better off that way anyway. local guy will get it tonight, so let me know if you want me to hold him until tuesday or wednesday shipment.

Archived