Coral Vue Hydros

The ADA College Reef

ADAreef

So I got it all set up. I used about 8 lbs of Premium Aquatics nano live rock for the scape. I'm still working with the setting on my DSLR, but heres an iPhone shot

you still looking for suggestions of LFSs in Richmond?

I personally go to Atlantis Aquariums on Patterson. It's pretty good, though too pricey for dry goods. Their livestock is reasonable, and they have a lot of ORA stuff.

Fish World is a nice store, but it is ridiculously expensive to the point of not being worth dealing with unless you have unlimited funds.

you still looking for suggestions of LFSs in Richmond?

I personally go to Atlantis Aquariums on Patterson. It's pretty good, though too pricey for dry goods. Their livestock is reasonable, and they have a lot of ORA stuff.

Fish World is a nice store, but it is ridiculously expensive to the point of not being worth dealing with unless you have unlimited funds.

Thanks man, thats actually really helpful. I was thinking about making a trip to Richmond for some coral this weekend if I can dig my car out.

nice, very nice, let's see a good shot of the whole ada tank

I'm still messing with the settings on my DSLR for the full tank shot; every photo comes out strange due to the LEDs.

On another note, I just placed an order for more coral :D

sweet tank...i'm lovin' the scape, very clean. what setting do run your mp10 at? i run my on reefcrest at only about 65-70%. i want to run it higher but it'll just blow sand all over. it's bare bottom in one spot on the opposite wall the mp10 is on.

sweet tank...i'm lovin' the scape, very clean. what setting do run your mp10 at? i run my on reefcrest at only about 65-70%. i want to run it higher but it'll just blow sand all over. it's bare bottom in one spot on the opposite wall the mp10 is on.

Thanks. I run it on reef crest at about 50%... The sand get moved off the bottom after about a day or so but its easy to push back. Any higher and the acans get pissed off.

Well, I rescaped the tank. I got new corals today and I realized that a lot of the nice live rock ledges weren't visible, so I changed it up. I'm not sure if I like it quite as much aesthetically, but there are definitely more places for frags, especially LPS. Pics whenever the tank clears.

On another note, my M. spongodes frag seems to be bleaching from the base. When I received it, there was a bit of white near the plug but I thought it was just glue.

Well, I found some nudibranchs on my M. spongodes frag. I guess that's what's been causing the tissue damage at the base. Just did a FW dip. What are the chances that it will recover?

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived