Innovative Marine Aquariums

Torch Coral

sturuomo

Does anyone have any useful tips on torch corals. I have 2... one is dying back. Either one of the fish had a nip of it and its in repair mode or its dying back as the supplier said it probably would.

Has anyone succesfully maintained the torch?

All my other corals are doing well..

Ammonia=0

Nitrite=0

Nitrate=??

temp=27c

Hi

i have been very very sucsess full with these ,reduced light and moderatre water flow with regular feeding are the key and they may come back..

cheers Adam

I agree with Dragon, I had my torch front & center and it startwd withdrawing from all the buffeting, moved it to a lower flow area and it's opening fully again. What sort of lighting are you running? Under my 96w on my 10g they prefer a more indirectly lit area.

The torch in question sits about half way up the tank on a piece of live rock. Im only running 2 x 20 watt fluros.. 1 x10k actinic and 1 x 14.4k superglo, which isnt very intense compared to your 96w.

Dragon.. how often do u feed your torch? and what do you feed it?

Maybe i should try placing the torch on the bottom ??? what do u think?

Thanks guys :-)

I have a small torch, I used to have it on the top of my tank, I found out within the past month when I relocated it center and in less flow, it seems to be doing very well. I currently don't directly feed it, but I do feed my tank heavy, and mix in cycolops-eeze and phyto.

i have had one for about 5-months, when i got it it was just a single head frag. it split about 2-months ago and looks like its going to split once more.i have 2-NO bulbs one 5600k & one acitic blue plus 32-w PC smart lamp.

Archived