inTank Media Baskets

September 2009 - mmike1992

Christopher Marks

What an awesome tank!

How did you construct the foam rock wall?? Did you somehow make it out of the tank and then put it in? Or did you have to completely tear down the tank to make it?

What an awesome tank!

How did you construct the foam rock wall?? Did you somehow make it out of the tank and then put it in? Or did you have to completely tear down the tank to make it?

i wish i had taken some photos, but of course i have none over on rc there are a ton of threads about how to build these walls. i did have my tank running while i was building it it was built with some dry rock from bulk reef supply so i let it cure in saltwater for about a month and a half . it was made with some preforated pvc sheet black tye wraps (note some tye wraps come with a stainless steel clip i do not recommend these )black pond foam,sand and west systems epoxy and your imagination

thanks,mike

SmittyCoco Posted Today, 01:40 PM

This tank is Awesome! How does that ycg do around your sps ?

i had this goby in the tank before this one also the sps are doing fine. it does perch on the sps but i do not see any damage.

thanks,mike

spankyleatherlips Posted Sep 6 2009, 09:05 PM

Bravo!!!!!!!!

It's so nice and sparkly I can't tell if it has a glass top or is it open?

thanks,, no glass top it is open

JMAdams Posted Sep 6 2009, 09:27 PM

Awesome tank! It looks great.

thanks

20reef Posted Sep 7 2009, 04:58 PM

congrats!! tank looks so natural!! how did you get that rock wall for the "background" of your tank?

thanks, i got the idea from some threads on rc if you need more info let me know

• 2 weeks later...

Archived