ReefCleaners.org

What's going on with my dkh?

poidog

I never understood why people wanted the ALK 11-12 I keep mine around 8-9 and my calcium stays around 460-500 with Oceanic salt. My mag stays about 1400 as well.

I never understood why people wanted the ALK 11-12 I keep mine around 8-9 and my calcium stays around 460-500 with Oceanic salt. My mag stays about 1400 as well.

there has been alot of talk in the past about higher alk = faster growth, but i have always found the contrary. when i used to use IO my alk would b at 11-14(near end of the bucket) and my corals were always slow growing and brown to say the least.

Thanks for the input on the alk. I will leave that be, but now the concern has moved to the Mg.

FWIW i havent checked my Mg in about 8 months, i take some epson salt mix as much as i can into 1L of RODI water and i dose that without checking..IMO you cant overdose the stuff, corals use it along with Ca and alk to build there skeleton but i just simply use it to make sure that its somewhere in the range of 1200-1500. even without checking my parameters stay solid and my corals never show sign of stress and same goes with the fish. you can use MgCl instead of MgSO4 which is epson salt as epson salt will raise your SG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived