SaltCritters.com

What is it?

jasontatro

Greetings all.

Well, I went down and looked in my tank tonight after lights out and was shocked to see these little things "swimming" around my tank. They appear to be some type of worm or something. They aren't really swimming but just wiggling really fast and getting blown around by the powerhead. I got a pretty good look at one when it came to rest momentarily on a rock. They are at most 1/8" long and like I said they resemble a worm. This is the first time I have ever seen them.

Any ideas on what they may be?

they zip along pretty fast, about 10"-12"/sec.? they look like ~ ~ ~ when they swim, right?

i think they're a type of flatworm. i read about it a few years ago because i had a couple when i started out. i don't believe they're harmful altho i have no idea what they feed on.

The crazy thing is..... when I went down to look in my tank this morning, they were all dead. Floating on the surface. I figured they must have been something that just hatched and didn't have the proper type of food.

Very weird!!

hmm, maybe some kind of spawning larvae?

i was always curious why they weren't more common (at least in my systems) even though they had tremendous speed abilities. maybe they're fast-paced and short-lived for a specific reason like spawning? (just thinking out loud)

Archived