ReefCleaners.org

What is the average lifespan for clownfish?

BorgDrone

how long do u want to keep your clownfish? clownfish are boring fish it seems like it live forever .cause everytime i came over to look at my tank, its at the same corner for months .LoL

I've had one for about a year so far. I know people that have kept pairs for 10+ years - a LFS near me has a pair of true percs they tell me are 14 years old!

wow!! 14 years? Are you serious or you're joking with me? I'll try to keep mine that long then and see which one outlast the other, my goldfish or my clown.

Big ole tomato in the 180 here has been with me for years. Bought it as a baby when I was living alone. had it in a 55. Moved it to a 60 gallon when I moved in with my girlfriend. Clown grew and started doing its own aquascaping so I banished it to the sump, where it lived for 7 months. Tank crashed big time, clown survived (only thing in the tank that was alive). I scrapped the hobby and gave the stuff to a friend, who put the clown in a tank at his soon to be store. one year later I converted my office 55 to a reef and the clown came back to me. It's now in the 180.

I've had several tank maintenance people over the years and they have all said it is the biggest damned clown they have ever seen. It is now 6 years and counting in my tanks. Sadly, it has been suffering some ailment (old age perhaps) and it got the crap beat out of it by some of the rock fish and sea bass (local water fish). Currently in an intank shelter while it recovers.

many saltwater fish live a long long time.

Clowns are, incidentally, far from boring. Even my blue stripe, which rarely shows itself to me, does some wild stuff at times.

Archived