Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What will eat my bristleworms???

junglejim83

junglejim83

Ihavent seen them have any adverse affects on my main tank mostly b/c they're mostly in my refug... but i have seen a few 4"+ ones and besides for those there are hundreds of them and the are just so creepy looking. I was wondering if there was anything that could help control them?

Jim

coral banded shrimp and traps. go with the traps if you have small fish. i lost two neon gobies to my cbs before he lost to my sally crab. vicious tank!

Creepy looking ehh?

Hehehe.

I guess the CBS will eat them, as my Skunk cleaner shrimp ate half of one before.

I guess thier numbers will be controlled by the availability of food for them.

JungleJim- you're in Bergen County? I'd be happy to take a bunch of bristle worms off your hands. I want to boost my population a bit. Let me know.

junglejim83

It's not that i wanna get rid of all my bristleworms, just control them. They are multiplying like crazy, so i know they wont have a problem maintaining if a bunch gets removed. By the way what do they eat? Also, how would i trap them?

Jim

The bristle worms will eat anything that falls to the bottom. It is a good idea to feed your sand worms. You shouldn't have to control them. Only so many can live in so much sand. Especially if they run out of food they will start to die of to a level that can be maintained in your sand bed. I would just let them go.

Archived