Innovative Marine Aquariums

Blenny from hell

redline

My bicolor blenny has managed to kill 2 hermits in the last 2 days. i've seen him pick at the shells of the snails too. I finally caught the little bastard attacking the scarlette leg one right now so i put him down in the fuge. If i knew he was gonna do this i would have just bought a flame hawkfish.

well, they do that on ocasion. The flame hawk is a tight fish also, but imo not as active.

you should really take him out of your fuge, him being there defeats the purpose of having a fuge.

maybe take him back and trade for something else

my bicolor leaves the other tank inhabitants alone but it loves to nip at my arm when I'm cleaning the tank or doing some scaping.

the little bastard decided to move into the skimmer outflow tube when the powerhead on the skimmer died. I took the skimmer apart last night to get it up and running. put the skimmer back, got the thing full of water, unplugged the powerhead and waited for the blenny to move back into the outflow. then I plugged it in and shot him across the tank. hysterical

Originally posted by Crakeur

I took the skimmer apart last night to get it up and running.  put the skimmer back, got the thing full of water, unplugged the powerhead and waited for the blenny to move back into the outflow.  then I plugged it in and shot him across the tank.  hysterical

This is when you finally realize you've crossed the line - and are no longer a 'beginner'! Busting your Blenny. Classic.

Archived