inTank Media Baskets

confused bout my tanks cycle :s

karyn_p

hey there,

just wondering if someone could help with my confusion lol

my tank has now been running for 4weeks, got a dancer shrimp and had him for 10days. ever since the beginning, my water parameters have always stayed the same, well nitrates have dropped from 10 to 5 and ph has gone up by .2 . I havn't done water tests every day and i've done a 10%water change as the tank was getting dirty from a brown algae, which has all gone now but is still growing in places on the glass sides

Ph. 8-8.2

Alkaline. 2.25

Nitrite. 0.05ppm

Nitrate. 10-5.0ppm

Ammonia. 0ppm

Just tested for Phosphates today and they're at 0.5ppm

Has my tank cycled and can i start putting fish in- i was going to get 1 clown fish, another dancing shrimp and 2 turbo snails, to begin with and see wat happens

hey there,

just wondering if someone could help with my confusion lol

my tank has now been running for 4weeks, got a dancer shrimp and had him for 10days. ever since the beginning, my water parameters have always stayed the same, well nitrates have dropped from 10 to 5 and ph has gone up by .2 . I havn't done water tests every day and i've done a 10%water change as the tank was getting dirty from a brown algae, which has all gone now but is still growing in places on the glass sides

Ph. 8-8.2

Alkaline. 2.25

Nitrite. 0.05ppm

Nitrate. 10-5.0ppm

Ammonia. 0ppm

Just tested for Phosphates today and they're at 0.5ppm

Has my tank cycled and can i start putting fish in- i was going to get 1 clown fish, another dancing shrimp and 2 turbo snails, to begin with and see wat happens

Your tank is finished its cycle when your Ammonia and Nitrite read 0.

Archived