Pod Your Reef

New 7.5 Nano - equipment check

GDominy

Ok, so I am finally on my way to getting this thing set up. I've been a little busy after my 135 Gallon tank sprung a leak and dumped its contents into my living room. Anyway, thats another story entirely.

I have a 7.5 Gallon tank that I would like to set up as a Nano reef. I've managed to track down some 32 Watt 10000k Bulbs by Custom Sealife (hard to find in Western Canada), and I have a spare Aquaclear 300 lying around that I can equip with a smaller impeller for a fuge.

What other equipment should I be looking into? Should I add a small powerhead for additional circulation? I'd like to try and keep the viewing part of the tank as "clean" as possible. Would I be able to get away with the aquaclear 300's standard impeller if I restrict the water flow through the body of the fuge?

I'm really new to this (marine), so I'm starting with the equipment.

Any skimmer recomendations? Do I need one for a tank this size if I'm going to be doing water changes every 4 days to a week?

Yep, but I'm getting ready to put in a microjet to flow across the back of the tank. I have some green algae all over the glass back there so hopefully the extra flow will reduce that.

Archived