Top Shelf Aquatics

Kalkwasser Dosing Needed?

jettie1767

So, I've been measuring my water parameters every few days and did my first water change yesterday of 20%.

Always had 0 ammonia, nitrates and nitrites. Phosphates always seem to read 0.50 and can't get it to go down. Alkalinity is at 9. Calcium dropped to 320 from 380. I use the API Saltwater and Reef Master test kits. Salinity at 1.024 checked thru a refractometer.

I have about 30 lbs of live rock and 1 inch live sand bed.

In the back sump, I run floss, purigen and chemipure elite on chamber one and chaeto on chamber two.

I have a pair of picasso clowns, a six-line wrasse, a coral beauty angel, a pair of harlequins, 1 pistol shrimp and 1 wheeler's watchman goby. This completes my fish stock for the CAD 22. CUC consists of 2 nassarius snails and 3 trochus snails.

I don't plan to begin stocking corals, zoas, mushrooms, etc. until I know the effect of the bioload of the fish I've put in the tank. So, I'm projecting around 3 to 4 months from now I would like to begin stocking.

The question I have is whether I need to begin dosing Kalkwasser thru my ATO reservoir? I currently have an ATO setup using float switches and Tom's aqualifter.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Archived