Cultivated Reef

Calcium Parameter

dvu

This might be a noob question but what should the calcium parameter be? I'm just keeping a reef aquarium with just zoos and mushrooms with no livestocks. Is there any other suppliments I should put in to have them thrive or a bi weekly change of 20%water be good enough?

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt

If your just keeping zoos and mushrooms, water changes with a good salt will be enough, like KG said anywhere from 400-500 ppm, don't dose if you don't have to, it usually just creates more problems.

Thanks guys for the info. What is a good salt? I'm using Instant Ocean Synthetic Sea Salt to mix. Would that be O.K. or is there a better brand I should try?

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt

Instant Ocean is just fine, alot of people use it, I don't think there's really a such thing as a best salt, I use Red Sea Coral Pro Salt and have always loved it, and there are others out there who like it, but then others with tell you it's no good, but it's the same for all salt there's pros and cons, some will love it some will hate it, it's really a personal preference if you ask me.

Archived