SaltCritters.com

My Featherduster looks like it's smoking!

ladyamanda

ladyamanda

Anyone ever see their featherduster look like it's smoking? Whatever it's doing, it looks for all the world like it's taking a big long draw on a cigarette, and exhaling. It's bee doing this evey 5-10 seconds for the last 10 minutes!

Any clue? The water's getting pretty cloudy.....

That could very well be, but I know when my duster releases wastes (very delicately put, Chris), they are little nuggets that come floating out his yap. This sounds more reproductive in nature. I'm far from an expert (hell, I barely know what I'm talking about), so wait for some more opinions from more experienced duster-keepers.

ladyamanda

I don't think it's releasing wastes, it kept it up for about 45 minutes, on average once every 8 seconds....maybe reproductive, but it sure looked silly! :)

anthony812

First of all, Congrat! Jill!!!! I guess from buying my tank brough you luck in winning the raffle! hehehe :P

Is that the feather duster that i gave you? i think its spreading out sperms from some articles taht i have read before. Try to buy another duster if you can see what happens..maybe you will have many little ones later on..how is the tank so far? i hope you really enjoy the experiences! My 40 gallon is kicking ASS!! Everything seems so happy and i swear my Torch has grown 2x the size since the last time you saw it... somehow, the xena that i had haven't divided yet, but it seems like that its got a lot more polyps then before..i am counting over 50 polyps comming out of that thing, with 3 clearly thick stalks and 2 other minor stalks ...

anyhow..congrats!

ladyamanda

Yup, the same Featherduster....I'll have to get the new pics up of the tank, I've moved a few things around, added a frag of frogspawn and a huge clean-up crew, zebras, red legged, red reef....

Tank's doing great, I still can watch it for hours...:)

Archived