Pod Your Reef

Is this a Conch? (pic)

Steve961

This came in on some rock as a hitchhiker, and has proceeded to grow by leaps and bounds in the last month. It seems to be reef safe as I have only seen it eat algae - which it does a good job of. Is this some type of Conch? If so, does anyone know which one it is?

Thanks.

Steve

Snail.jpg

I don't know about the conch, but the red things are deadly to your tank.......send them to me quickly and i will depose of them.:D

SWEET ZOO's............mmmmmmmmmm,drool.

If it came off a hitch hiker rock from me it might be one of my tongan fighting conch. Though they prefer life on the sandbed. Does it have two eye balls? I also have some atlantic fighting conch but its not one of those.

gooch

looks like a conch.

the highly toxic zoos are something to be more concerned with. I would get some very thick gloves and remove them immediately. It just so happens that I have a tank that has only toxic, dangerous or just downright ugly animals in it. The zoos would make a wonderful addition to that tank.

It looks, to me, to be a Dove Snail. Strombus family (Conch family), depends on the size. May also be a baby Conch. Color looks like a Crown Conch.

-Sumbel.

Archived