inTank Media Baskets

set up right, or setup wrong.. :) New-Nano Question

brahm

Ok so it's been about a week now since I setup my nano at work, sofar so good 2 office-mates all think it's cool. So it's here to stay!

The Question..

For some reason after a little under a week now. I have 0.. I mean 0 algie not even a tiny little spec on the glass. I need to bring in my test kit and check the parameters. But here are the specs..

15 gal

15 LR (Pre-cured)

20 LS

Prizm Skimmer 12/hours

Aqua Clear 100 w/carbon

So how long did it take everybody for algie to start to grow? I'm trying to rember how long on my 30 but I think it was pretty quick less then a week.

Don't worry, the algae is starting from small bits, it will find its way back in a month or so. Add some corals, the rocks with come with free pest macros! x)

brahm, look REALLY close. are you sure you don't see sprouts? my rock took two days and i could see it sprouting. i call it 'going 3D'.

it took 16 hours before the first bristle worm came out. makes me wonder how many i have.

nalbar

Hey Brahm - My tank has been set up for almost 5 months and I have never seen algae in it. So, it is possible, depending on the bioload to not see any.

Krispy is right! I've received some cool bristles, brittle stars, athelia, zoo's, basically a bunch of free stuff on coral frags!!

I have very litte bio-load it's been a week and 2 days now and I noticed I have a pleasent little hitch hiker.. My first Office Zooanthid and it seems to be doing quit well opens up ever days. I'm going to bring my test kits in over the weekend (plus I need to replace the times they don't seem to be working)...

Not to mention I've seen a good amount of Pods, and... One othe type of invert. I do I have one type of worm that is in the sand but I can't tell if it's a bristle or not it is to small.

Archived