Coral Vue Hydros

Phil's Cadlights 12g

pmemmer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! My biggest annoyance with this tank at the moment is that I really need to frag that gigantic briareum... it's going to take over everything. I want some of it, since the movement of it is great, but I don't want that much...

Nano sapiens

In these small tanks too much growth can be a real issue. Clove polyps, Briareum, GSP and such types can quickly overrun the tank if left unchecked.

My biggest concern is keeping the SPS from annihilating each other with the Pavonas being particularly aggressive.

• 6 months later...

No, I need to do that... but first, it needs a good cleaning. The coraline algae is growing like crazy in here, and I can barely keep up with it. I'm thinking I may rescape one of these days, and leave more room between the rocks and the glass... right now, it's hard to clean.

• 5 months later...

Yeah, I've still got it... but the FTS would be depressing. I had a water problem... I got a RO/DI system at Xmas time, but it wasn't working properly, and my water quality went to hell. I lost most of the nuclear green colony, and I'm pretty sure I've lost the sun coral, but luckily everything else is pretty much OK (though some have since been moved to a new tank).

Anyway, I thought about just getting rid of the tank, but I think I've talked myself into giving it a re-boot in August.

I was wanting to do a RO/DI system but i'm pretty happy buying distilled water. Good luck with the re-boot, you can always transfer everything to the 12 long and really fill it out.

Archived