Coral Vue Hydros

Reefcleaners is THE. BEST. !

Deleted User 6

Deleted User 6

John hooked me up!!! AMAZING stuff! Gave me everything I asked for plus tons of freebies! THANKS JOHN!

620392896_UswL6-L.jpg

620392978_g9f5s-L.jpg

620394111_caXWz-L.jpg

DAVID - mangroves for ya!

620394090_FMTMS-L.jpg

620395210_f4r5g-L.jpg

620395152_MMiyD-L.jpg

HOLY CR@P that stuff looks awesome!!! YAY FOR MANGROVES!!! MORE OF THEM :D lol WOOOHOOOO!!! :D Reefcleaners is the best ever!!! John is the man!

Thanks Dhaut! You might want to stand the gorg up, they tend to die back on their side. That halimeda will color up, just needs some light.

HOLY CR@P that stuff looks awesome!!! YAY FOR MANGROVES!!! MORE OF THEM :D lol WOOOHOOOO!!! :D Reefcleaners is the best ever!!! John is the man!

I appreciate it...should have waited awhile to reply so I could bump this...thank you guys the feedback helps and I greatly appreciate it.

John

Deleted User 6

lol...reef chicks are loony.

John, thanks for the gorg tip. That reminds me - how do I attach what you send me? The stuff that has a root ball i can just plant in the sand, but what about the other stuff?

And tomorrow I'm moving the stuff over to the new tank! (I hope)

:) - Didn't you read the sign Dhaut? We are all a little loony here...

[edit - i dont need trouble with Eisner so pic removed - :) ]

lol...reef chicks are loony.

John, thanks for the gorg tip. That reminds me - how do I attach what you send me? The stuff that has a root ball i can just plant in the sand, but what about the other stuff?

And tomorrow I'm moving the stuff over to the new tank! (I hope)

Well macro doesnt need to be planted technically, but since it is in a refugium and you want some growth, place it is in the substrate for best results. They settle pretty quickly and by the end of the month or so you will see some GHA like sprouts near the pencil caps. Nothing to worry about, it is the sprout of new caps which becomes apparent after they poke there way out some. Does look like GHA at first though when the new algae's needles poke up through the sand. The rhyzoid system, (basically roots, but roots is a term for true plants...scientists have way too much time on their hands or get paid by the word), will spread out to form new caps, as well as to stabilize the macro in your substrate.

ooohh...jingle contest...worse singing voice with best lyrics wins maybe...

• 3 weeks later...

Reefcleaners is Epic Awesome in motion. :happy: My male pony spends a lot of happy hours pokin his nose around the chaeto munching on pods. Add that to the fact that he carries one of the coolest things on earth, the fuzzy chiton, and its fairly clear John is the ONLY guy to buy from >^^<

post-45795-1251826236_thumb.jpg

post-45795-1251826254_thumb.jpg

post-45795-1251826845_thumb.jpg

Thanks orphic! I read this a few days ago but wanted to wait to respond so I could sneak in a bump. :)

hah! looks like my old seahorse. Sitting above the chaeto waiting (in my case) for the shore shrimp to come out. They would just pile up under there hiding from the horse who waited for one to slip up.

a part of our effort to sell only animals that have been collecting in a responsible manner is to purchase only from US sources in Florida that are under strict regulation. Money cowries are one of those animals that are raked up by the tens of thousands, (albeit mostly for the curio trade), and we havent messed with them. If we become familiar with a responsible collector in the Pacific we will begin carrying Pacific livestock, until that time wholsesalers dont leak secrets and their on hand numbers make me doubt things are being done correctly. The thing about snails is, I can go out all next week, catch a few million and buy a house but the colonies will perish. Instead I would rather make a living off the interest so to speak. We even go out of stock when their are catches to be made, the dwarf planaxis is an example. That colony while strong enough to make a few months of sales, is off limits in our book because the colony is still recovering from a gov't project, and a stupid move (IMO) by the Army Corps of Engineers.

Cowries are something to watch too, they are omnivores and not necessarily reef safe. With my own two eyes I have seen cowries eat Xenia for example. more of a FOWLR animal.

a part of our effort to sell only animals that have been collecting in a responsible manner is to purchase only from US sources in Florida that are under strict regulation. Money cowries are one of those animals that are raked up by the tens of thousands, (albeit mostly for the curio trade), and we havent messed with them. If we become familiar with a responsible collector in the Pacific we will begin carrying Pacific livestock, until that time wholsesalers dont leak secrets and their on hand numbers make me doubt things are being done correctly. The thing about snails is, I can go out all next week, catch a few million and buy a house but the colonies will perish. Instead I would rather make a living off the interest so to speak. We even go out of stock when their are catches to be made, the dwarf planaxis is an example. That colony while strong enough to make a few months of sales, is off limits in our book because the colony is still recovering from a gov't project, and a stupid move (IMO) by the Army Corps of Engineers.

Cowries are something to watch too, they are omnivores and not necessarily reef safe. With my own two eyes I have seen cowries eat Xenia for example. more of a FOWLR animal.

Which stupid move is that? They do so many stupid things its hard to narrow it down -.-

The one where they are decimating all the estuaries by pumping water out of the lake ?

The stupid tire reef from the 70's they are still trying to sort out?

Dredging and crapping all over the corals ("only twice" my butt ) as well as violating the endangered species act to put sand back even tho its SUPPOSED to erode? (oh how I hate them for that :angry: )

Which particular bit of idiocy are you referring to?

(Also bump for great justice cuz my chiton is awesome :D )

Deleted User 6

so cowries are a cure for xenia, huh?

point taken. thanks john.

I may need to hit you up in the next month or so for some more snails.

• 3 weeks later...
Deleted User 6

Just another shout-out for John and Reefcleaners. Got another order of ceriths, neritres, periwinkles, a chiton, and some limpets, along with some very nice shaving brush macros and a HUGE sea fan (well, huge for my tank, lol). Got lots of freebies and everything is looking good. Thanks John - and thanks for putting up with us New Yorkers when our group buy fell apart. John has the best customer service in the industry.

Which stupid move is that? They do so many stupid things its hard to narrow it down -.-

The one where they are decimating all the estuaries by pumping water out of the lake ?

The stupid tire reef from the 70's they are still trying to sort out?

Dredging and crapping all over the corals ("only twice" my butt ) as well as violating the endangered species act to put sand back even tho its SUPPOSED to erode? (oh how I hate them for that :angry: )

Which particular bit of idiocy are you referring to?

(Also bump for great justice cuz my chiton is awesome :D )

:lol: :lol: Yeah the one where they decimate the estuaries and the surrounding near shore communities, and then dredge the area. Poor planaxis got a double whammy. They just did it again a few months back, right about the time they were recovering from last year's big FW release. I remember the beaches a dark brown and salt foam rolling up the sand for about 2 weeks or so. Ridiculous. We ended up actually moving some of the colony away from their meddling and they are doing fantastic in their new home. Although the other stuff has killed off some of the other things for sure... total destruction there, just nothing to move. The best is when they decided to straighten the kissimmee river..good stuff :huh: . No doubt these people know how to take on projects top move land, and their machinery inspires awe, but they keep fooling with mother nature and the idea they can win that fight...laughable at best.

-Perhaps the most disturbing thing though - with all these FW releases, the lake has always been too low afterward. :wacko:

No sweat Dhaut! I was born in NY, and all my family is from there so I get it... ;) It was no trouble at all really, and worked out better for us actually, so really no sweat at all.

Archived