Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Calcium overdose!!!

Sahin

BustytheSnowMaam

I think he's probably jealous of your "toy"- I would suggest letting him have some sort of role in taking care of it. Maybe others would disagree, but I think by letting him participate and learn how it all works he would be less tempted to do something harmful.

Tasha

fishymissy

Sorry to hear about your coral Sahin....:(

A lock on the door is probably the safest way to go. You might want to consider getting him a small tank with a betta of his very own. That way he'll have his own tank to play with. Teach him to be a responsible owner and not only will he learn to respect living things, but it gives the two of you common ground. (It's hard when there is such an age difference)

Someone mentioned adding CO2 to the system to precipitate the calcium....but I wanted to warn people that the CO2 will bring the ph DOWN, very rapidly too.....

rhinoivory

I agree with tashayar and fishymissy, possibly let him feed the fish every now and then, show him the tank, and what it contains, and all that jazz, (be warned you could get him hooked!). And while your at it, get a lock, there is no safeguarding against what kids can do.

As tashayar is trying to say

curiosity killed the coral

Archived