Coral Vue Hydros

Harthags 12" of fun

harthag12

Ok update: New rock as my other rock was super Aiptasia, rock, corals, clean up crew all snagged from my old tank that I just broke down. Full tank shot in 1st post. I have ordered & being held till tank is stable for sure a small zoa frag, 1 miami hurricane chalice frag, and 1 goblin/zombie eye chalice frag all from a club reefer.

Fungia (Plate Coral)

003-5.jpg

Two torches (4 heads total)

004-4.jpg

This thing, not really sure what it is, bad pict

012-3.jpg

Bad shot of my 1 head frog and tiny tiny ricordia

007-4.jpg

This thing, not really sure what it is, bad pict

012-3.jpg

Its a acan. $5 a head. I count al least 6 heads visable. Be careful it can eat up your dudget real quick.

thought it maybe one, all the rainbow ones and such i see for sale online always look puffy so wasn't sure.

I'll count the heads in a bit, It's kind strangely shaped so I have the majority facing forward like you see in the pict. Going to stay, very attached to it, my first coral ever bought.

you sure that's no favia bob? i am not to familiar with acan's as they are out of my league . either way looks like a nice piece :)

Bad shot of my 1 head frog and tiny tiny ricordia

007-4.jpg

looks like a hammer . same thing basically :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so updated my 1st post w/ a full tank shot. Got a few aiptasia in the back of the tank so hopefully picking up a peppermint shrimp this week. Here's some shots of my corals

004-5.jpg

005-5.jpg

008-4.jpg

009-4.jpg

yeah i got a decent top down shot when I did my water change and turned the pumps off tonight. Fighting w/ kid for past 1.5 hours to goto sleep so Acan shot won't make it till tomorrow, he wore me out.

Here's a couple of pictures w/ the pumps off before a water change, I ripped the bryopsis off the acan after the shots of course. The Acan shot & Ric are top down.

004-6.jpg

008-5.jpg

009-5.jpg

007-6.jpg

010-4.jpg

So added 3 new corals, all incredibly small currently but we'll see how they do, all came from a reefer in my club.

3 Wow zoa's, they need to brighten back up from shipping

033.jpg

Zombie Eye Chalice

015-2.jpg

Miami Hurricane Chalice

014-1.jpg

Both chalices in pict

013-2.jpg

Still dealing w/ Aiptasia in here, hoping to borrow a Bergia nudibranch to work on it. Hate the plug the zoa's came on, they should be able to grow over plastic right? Here's a pict of my 2.5 gallon w/ a starfish that lives on the powerhead, he's pretty cool.

036-1.jpg

ok 1st post updated w/ full tank shot. Finally figured out the macro setting on wifes camera. Need to do a water change / clean glass so these picts aren't best but here they are.

Zoa's, pict doesn't do em justice

301.jpg

Ricordia - may of gotten stung by torch this week

305.jpg

Zombie eye chalice - bit brighter in person

306.jpg

Miami hurricane chalice

307.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The update for this 2 week period is I bought a Peppermint Shrimp to deal w/ my large Aiptasia problem. That sucker was hungry to, he had all the Aiptasia gone from the display of the tank in 2 days. I now feed the tank new life spectrum pellets daily and so far he's running out to the baster and trying to grab em as they come out. I need to find some tweezers so I don't have to shoot so many into the tank. He was being shy so unfortunately no picts of him. Other news is the spot on my Miami chalice that broke up has healed up and I feel like it and the Zombie Eye are slighly larger, I also have 1 new polyp on the Zoa's that is growing (big guy in middle blocks it from being seen). On the downside my frogspawn is >< close to dying off completely, he's just not adapted well to this tank and I expect to have him removed before the next shot. I also need to buy something to clean my glass as it's getting very hard to see through. Now onto the picts!

Zoa's

003-9.jpg

Acan side shot

006-8.jpg

Miami Hurricane Chalice

004-8.jpg

Obligatory Plate coral since I love him

009-7.jpg

Bad shot of Zombie Eye

005-8.jpg

Well the most recent update is that I removed the frogspawn as it was 98% dead at this point. Today I found my plate coral decided to up and move and parked next to the torch coral which was probably a bad idea. When I just went to check on them the plate coral was looking kind of beat up, I'm hoping / suspect it's from the torch and hopefully not from Pepe the Peppermint shrimp chomping on him, so I moved mr plate coral back to his corner and hopefully it's not to serious an injury. I also discovered I have a decent size bristleworm living in the top of my heater and also one in a dead snail shell, also i have some sort of little tube worm growing on a rock which is normal but this one has a bright red fuzzy head which i've never seen. I'll have to get a picture of it sometime this week.

• 2 weeks later...

here's my update, nothing much new, think my zombie eye has grown another eye and is forming another. Still no picts of Pepe the peppermint shrimp, he doesn't come out often. Still have to geta glass cleaner since i can't get good picts of stuff because of the junk on the glass. My plate coral is back to normal after getting stung by the torch, it took a few days and looked ugly but he's back to his baddass self.

003-10.jpg

005-9.jpg

006-9.jpg

004-9.jpg

009-8.jpg

yeah it may be problematic soon, the ric's and 1 chalice are behind it but fortunately the current keeps it blowing in the 1 direction. The Plate is running out of room again. Thinking of adding something to the rock in the back right corner now that the Aiptasia is gone, took this whole month off work to, may order some fun stuff online since wife won't be here to see the packages.

• 2 weeks later...

Few newish things. I moved the rockwork just a bit to free up more sandspace, the Plate Coral loves it, it moved the hell away from the Torch ASAP. I'm also getting really good growth the past 2 weeks. The Acan appears to have new edges, the Zoa's went from 4 or 5 to having 3-4 new buds growing in, the Miami Hurricane chalice has new growth on the top edges w/ what might be a new eye coming in. The Zombie Eye has some real nice growth w/ another eye, I may move him tomorrow so I can get a good shot of him. Whether my Shrimp is alive still is anyone's guess, I havent' seen him in a week so I just randomly feed the tank incase. I also have a new tiny head growing on the pink torch coral. Enough talk, a few picts.

Zoa's

003-11.jpg

Miami Hurricane

010-6.jpg

Acan

028-4.jpg

006-10.jpg

Torches

009-9.jpg

020-3.jpg

021-3.jpg

023-3.jpg

Zombie Eye Chalice

017-3.jpg

Little red fuzzy worm type thing or something

024-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to update, torches keep growing, plate coral is moving away. Shrimp must be dead as the Aiptasia is starting to come back. Got a 2nd & 3rd eye grown in on the Miami Hurricane this week. Bryopsis is bad on Zoa's so not posting a pic of them till I get it taken care of.

Miami Hurricane-you can see the 2nd eye pretty easily, the 3rd is just starting to come in

009-10.jpg

A worm thing who has worked real hard to make his sand tube this long.

010-7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not much new, did some maintenance by cleaning the glass, trimming bryopsis. My Aiptasia is starting to get out of hand again so time to get a new peppermint shrimp I think. Also my Ro/DI unit stopped working, it may need new pads so switched to distilled water this past week. Moved my zombie chalice up a bit higher and away from the Torches, I like it in in it's new spot as I can see it alot better.

Miami Hurricane Chalice, 2nd & 3rd eyes coming along

010-8.jpg

Zombie chalice - he's encrusting more than growing out round but still growing

012-7.jpg

016-5.jpg

Snail

013-4.jpg

Zoa's

019-4.jpg

Bristleworm out after some pellets since I just fed the tank

027-5.jpg

Bristleworm & Pod living in harmony