Coral Vue Hydros

RO water scam?

aggiereefer

My tank is cycling right now and I've got a pretty bad cyano problem. The tank has only been running a week. Is it natural for young tanks to have cyano problems? I used RO water that I bought from my LFS. I use the same water for top off's also.

Should I do anything about the cyano or just wait till the tank is finished cycling?

I'm using an aquatic pharmaceuticals test kit. I've read a couple other threads about ppl having trouble discriminating the colors. I'm pretty sure that my ammonia is at 0 and my nitrates are a tinge above 0.

o yeah another noob question WTH does "IMO" mean?

Are you leavintg your lights on? If so, how many hours a day? It is possibly w/ lights on during cycle times to get cyano due to the massive dieoff and high nutrient loads. If your worried about if your LFS is actually selling you RO ask them what filter setup they are running and how often they change the membranes in them.

Cameron

im livin in a dorm room right now so i cant hook up filters or anything to the sink lol. I guess I'm just gonna start using distilled water, or whenever I do use RO use that phos-ban stuff that people talk about.

Right now I'm going to cut back my photo period to about 4 or 5 hours a day. My cycle is almost through. I just want some of this freakin cyano die off. Ive also got green hair algae creating a stronghold on my one of rocks

Archived