Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

temporary light fix?

gookster

one of my friends came to visit me this weekend and in his drunken stupor broke my 28 w pc light. i wanted to upgrade the light anyways so this is a good excuse. For now i got one of those incandescent desk lamps just on top of the top to light it. Anyone have any suggestions to light my tank while i get anohter light?

also, for my new light i might get either 2x36 pcs or a 175 MH, but im worried that the heat might be too much and the light too bright for just the zoos and gsp and xenia i have in there. any opinions on what i should get?

You could do a 150 to 175 halide on that 10. You could also go to ebay and for about $90 get a coralife aqualight 20" w/ 96watt powerquad. Marine depot also sells a 2x40w PC w/ moonlight fixture from CSL for about $130. If you want to save money and build your own hood you could do a few things...Go to ahsupply and order a 2x36wPC kit. This alone would be fine, but of you want more you could add in a third 36watter, or even a 70w halide for cheap. I am making a 16" cube that will have a 250watt halide over it, so no, 175 over a 10 shouldnt be too bad.

yea i just bought the 2x40w with the moonlight. it looks sweet. got it for 85 bones on ebay (with.. 20 dollars shipping but its next day so my corals will live) thanks for everyones response

Archived