Pod Your Reef

PSL 150 W HQI bulbs crap too

reefriot

well after all the feedback about there 70w bulbs not firing half the time, i was one to say that mine had and still is working, but my 150w 20k that i bought 4 months ago exploded the other day. well shall i say the inner bulb did. it still produces a bit of light like a 13w PC bulb that flickers. but the inner jacket is black on both ends and theres a few peices of something floating around in there. i know the saying you get what you pay for but figured the color would shift before the bulb burning out, especially so fast. i tried to look up a product warrenty but couldn't find anything so am going with a XM20k instead.

Anyone here tried these new bulbs and what do you think of them. was a toss up between the coralvue and these as for the 20k goes.

hope nobody else has the same problems with there CA 150w 20k!~

I picked up my lights from them and the 150's took forever to fire up (10k bulbs). eventually they fired up in under 10 minutes but they flickered a bit. I gave one 10k away and I still have the other. Switched to radium and xm 20k bulbs (logical reef deal has me stocked for awhile now)

Archived