Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jaygalindo's 12" Contest Cube

jaygalindo

So I found the JBJ ATO at on of my local LFS that is very overpriced on equipment. When it comes to livestock they are OK. They had going for $69.99 which is cheaper than most online retailers. So I picked this up and installed it on my 90 DT just to see well this thing works. Its very easy to install, less than 15 minutes. I may pick up another one and leave this on my DT.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I received my MarineDepot.com order today. Aside from live sand and the CUBE, I am ready to go. I installed the Ushio 20k and I am really happy with the look. So for now I am cycling 30 lbs of live rock in hopes for a quick transition once the tank gets here. This contest is very cool already, I like seeing others stuff and ideas come together... Can't Wait!!!

yup my buddy gave me 30#s of LR so whatever I don't use will be going into my 70 gal cube in a couple of weeks.

So I have about 100lbs of LR cycling in water with the aquatic life skimmer. Trying to get all the new equipment broken in and cycled for a smooth transition and minimal cycle. I broke down my 90 and am going to Cherry pick LR from it and the rest will go in my new cube. I got a great deal on a brand new JBJ NC28 stand from a guy on CL for $40. It a lot bigger than the tank, 18"wx23"l but I don't mind the oversized look and I am going to customize the top. We will see how that goes.

wow this little aquatic life skimmer actually pulls sh##! I have had it on my 10 gal, and its producing good foamy poo. I also moved my clownfish pair over to this tank so for now they have a temporary home of their own. I am starting to have second thoughts about them. They have grown well in the 3 weeks I have had them and they will probably out grow this tank in 6 months so I am going to look at some other options. Very happy bout the Skimmer though...

When I got them they were tiny but they have grown like weeds. So now I am back to square 1 as far as a livestock choice

When I got them they were tiny but they have grown like weeds. So now I am back to square 1 as far as a livestock choice

As of today I'm going Fish less...

• 3 weeks later...

some pics of the cube running. Skimmer fits fine and is running well just sitting on its cord.

Heres a couple of shots with lunar light.

post-46173-1252905222_thumb.jpg

post-46173-1252905213_thumb.jpg

post-46173-1252905201_thumb.jpg

Got the same skimmer myself and I think I'm undecided on whether or not I'm going to use it. It's running in my 40g sump right now and is definitely pulling some nasty outta the water.

Got the same skimmer myself and I think I'm undecided on whether or not I'm going to use it. It's running in my 40g sump right now and is definitely pulling some nasty outta the water.

Yeah the skimmer is definitely effective. I ran it for a few weeks on my 10 gal. I have been thinking about ditching it for mangroves but i think Ill start with the skimmer at first.

Dang, it kills me to have this amazing setup just sitting here all dry. Here is a pic. Everything is pretty much dialed in on it except my Viper light and my ATO. Sand and LR are waiting in my sump to be added.

post-46173-1253038630_thumb.jpg

This is going to make an awesome bedroom tank, still wondering if I will even need a Koralia Nano for flow?

Yeah the skimmer is definitely effective. I ran it for a few weeks on my 10 gal. I have been thinking about ditching it for mangroves but i think Ill start with the skimmer at first.

The tank's lookin great man! If you need any mangroves LMK.

Reefcleaners hooked me up w/ so many, I don't know what to do w/ all of them!

lol i was just getting ready to make an order for mangroves? Ill take some. Let me know if you want me to pay pal shipping to ya.

No don’t pay for them! How many do you want?

I’ll hook ya up w/ a sack of green :P

fishtank224.jpg

PM me your address and I’ll check into shipping

it starts with a free sack then once your hooked he owns you ha!

looks good tho Jay!

i really like ur setup....

its lookin really clean!

i was lookin at ur setup pic and thinkin.....

it would be kinda cool to build a black acrylic cover for the back chambers, to hide the skimmer n such..,

just thinkin....

Thanks and I actually gave that a try but for the skimmer to be functional its got to sit like that so there is no way to hide it. However I have been toying around with ditching the skimmer but we shall see. I am go to start with the skimmer and go from there.

Archived