SaltCritters.com

Java's AIO Contest tank

JavaJacketOC

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Changed the return from the MJ900 to a Rio200. With the skimmer in the first chamber the MJ900 was flooding the main display. The Rio is probably moving 100-115 gph after the 6" Head. I also didn't like the Hydor deflector, I had to angle it down in the tank sinc ehte MJ900 would cause an overflow at the front of the tank during part of the rotation...and since the Rio isn't strong enough to rotate it there's no point to have it.

Will post FTS tonight. The base rock I picked out wasn't very pretty but I was able to get some interesting pieces that were dry from John @ reefcleaners which I had curing in my main tank for the last month. Not a lot of color for now but I like the way the scape came out

Ok, so I had to go digging around today to get 1 of the gobies out since it looked like 2 of them had paired off and were beating the crap out of the other. Sadly, I somehow lost the yellow striped in the process...no idea where it went...only thing I can think it that it was tucked away in one of the rocks I had to remove and couldn't get out when I put them back in the water. I hope she didn't die in the rock :( I snapped a pic of her before I did all that...RIP :(

post-30762-1253674359_thumb.jpg

Here is the a FTS, crappy camera but you'll get the point. I wanted LOTS OF ROCK...I think I got what I was going for...once it colors up I'll be really happy. Gonna hold off on adding stuff for a couple days

post-30762-1253674636_thumb.jpg

post-30762-1253674644_thumb.jpg

post-30762-1253674656_thumb.jpg

How is the Voss ATO doing for you? Got any pics of it running in the back? I'm assuming its gravity fed top off like the ones in the back of Current's Solana tanks?

How is the Voss ATO doing for you? Got any pics of it running in the back? I'm assuming its gravity fed top off like the ones in the back of Current's Solana tanks?

It's working great...I had cut a slight slant in the larger tube so it feeds the air easier and I used some loctite and aquarium sealant on both sides of he hole to make sure there was no air getting in other than thru the tube. I'll try and snap some pics tonight.

Tank is looking good :) sorry about the goby.

Thanks! I ended up putting the other yellow goby I had in with the sharknose, they seem to be doing fine together.

Digging the rockwork as well, definatly will look nice once it colors up, lots of nooks for the fish to swim thru as well.

Yeah, the funny thing is these fish are so outgoing they usually waiting on the rocks closest to the front of the tanks for someone to walk up to the tank so they can beg for food. ha

Ok, so I had to go digging around today to get 1 of the gobies out since it looked like 2 of them had paired off and were beating the crap out of the other. Sadly, I somehow lost the yellow striped in the process...no idea where it went...only thing I can think it that it was tucked away in one of the rocks I had to remove and couldn't get out when I put them back in the water. I hope she didn't die in the rock :( I snapped a pic of her before I did all that...RIP :(

post-30762-1253674359_thumb.jpg

wow, sorry to hear about your loss man :( the tank is looking good.

Nice ato. I'd probably copy you if I wen't that route. The acrylic lid has kept evap super low so far though.

And I got my scape done for the most part tonight, and after most of the particles subsided, I got a pretty good idea of the color temp of the nova fixture. I'm definitely going to be feeding some cyclopeeze and phyto to keep the livestock colors up haha.

Looks good! Those shrooms are sick!

Thanks man...the one left in my big tank is prettier than the 2 in this tank

On a side note...I scored a Idaho Grape Monti Cap frag. I should have it next week omgomgomg:ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a pic of the Idaho Grape Monti I got from PurpleUp. It's a little bland at the moment but I assume that's due to shipping.

post-30762-1255916845_thumb.jpg

Archived