inTank Media Baskets

JBJ Nano Cube Ballast Blowout

BRISK495

Hello- I just bought the JBJ Nano Cube last Sunday...much to my dismay, th ballast didn't work last night. It had been working all week long until last night. I went to the LFS wher eI purchased and the they tested the bulb and it works fine. Has anyone had this problem and if so, is there an easy way to fix without dismanteling my tank....and returning? Has anyone spoke to JBJ directly about this issue??? Thanks for any help....trying to get off to the right start!!!

JLTRUK...How did they fix it if your tank was filled? Did they send the ballast directly to you? The hood is near impossible to take off....that is reassuring thought they didnt give you a problem for getting it fixed...

the hood slides off...with the hood closed pull it towards you and it slides out from under the hinges in the back...

oh yah, I am sure they are getting a flurry of these shoddy ballasts so they just fixed it no questions asked.

yeah it does look like it can be removed that way, just dont want to force it at all....you were able to get your s off that way?? Is that how they told you to do it? If I can do that, I will have to take it off and bring it to my LFS so its done right!!! You ve been ahuge help so far....how is your tank going?

thats the way you are supposed to do it...I found that out after I broke my hinges to take it off...thats they way things usually work out though. find out when its too late. But on my brothers nano cube I tested this method and it worked like a charm, just slips right out.

my tank is doing real well thanks...I have a few other tanks at home though. this one is only up because it was so damn cheap, and now I am attached to it...LOL

• 2 months later...
Blinkgyrl2987

Question does anyone know how to remove the metal that is under the lights without ripping it off...I'm going to have to take my hood to the LFS so they can fix mine also because I changed my bulb and its still not working my ballast is prolly shot.......This is Such a pain...

Archived