Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hayseed's Unofficial 12" Not-A-Cube Contest Tank

hayseed777

Thanks, Scoot and Envy. No, that is a Koralia Nano...wish it was an MP10 though.

On a side note...I nicked the inside front while I was placing the rock. It's very slight, nobody would notice it if I didn't point it out, but it's driving me crazy. Any recommendations on products and/or methods to fix it. Novus 1 and 2? Where can I get that or is it online only? I realize it's not the last scratch it'll get...I'm just OCD about it.

novis has a "kit" look on ebay.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
novis has a "kit" look on ebay.

is it a scratch or a goudge (sp)?

I love novis 1 for grease and grime cleanup. 2 and 3 seem to work on hazing and very very light scratchs.

If you really serious about getting a deep scratch out google micromesh from SAS or SIS. I've used it, it does a great job in getting deeper scratches out. I normally use a orbital sander, but if its a smaller area they say you can do it by hand.

I scratched the front with a rock also, but once filled with water you can't see it.

SIS web site

Water parameters are almost perfect...all tests were conducted with API test kits.

PH- 7.8

SG- 1.025

Ammonia- 0ppm

Nitrate- 0ppm

Nitrite- 0ppm

Calcium- 480ppm

KH- 8/143.2ppm

Phosphate- 0ppm

What can I do to boost the PH safely? I think everything else is ok, but I'm going by what the test kit says.

Water parameters are almost perfect...all tests were conducted with API test kits.

PH- 7.8

SG- 1.025

Ammonia- 0ppm

Nitrate- 0ppm

Nitrite- 0ppm

Calcium- 480ppm

KH- 8/143.2ppm

Phosphate- 0ppm

What can I do to boost the PH safely? I think everything else is ok, but I'm going by what the test kit says.

Anybody?

Anybody?

7.8 is accepatble, I wouldn't mess with it. I've tried to raise ph on a new tank before and it caused problems, once I let the tank settle in the ph and salinity stabilized on their own. Just my 2 cents.

7.8 is accepatble, I wouldn't mess with it. I've tried to raise ph on a new tank before and it caused problems, once I let the tank settle in the ph and salinity stabilized on their own. Just my 2 cents.

+1

Thanks guys, I'm not dosing with anything currently. While the rock was cycling in buckets I was adding approx. 1/4th cap of PurpleUp nightly. I'm running Purigen and Chemi-Pure Elite. I've got chaeto on a reverse lighting schedule in the fuge. I'm using Tropic Marin reef salt, the freshly mixed waterchange water has a slightly high PH of 8.4, but by the day after a water change it is back to 7.8.

I'm kinda scared that this is the only problem I've had. After all the horror stories of bad hitchhikers, nuisance algae and generalized noob mistakes I'm waiting for something horrible to happen.

Thanks again, everybody.

Picked up a frag of orange frogspawn (didn't know it existed until I saw the frag), xenia, a beat-up little brittle star (free), 6 "hawaiian" zebra hermits, 3 margarita snails and 3 nassarius snails. Gotta get ready for work, I'll post pics tonight.

Thanks, Envy and Scoot. The sand is working out well, I just wonder if it's the reason my PH is low. IDK what you're talking about the side being blacked out, maybe camera tricks?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived