Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Dr Love's 12 Incher

CallMeDrLove

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Found him. He moved, and is no longer visible through the front. Little punk...

Lol, get used to it.

Actually if that one is the same one I think it is, once it settled into a place in my tank, it stayed there for quite a while.

It just needs to find it's "happy place". :)

Lol, get used to it.

Actually if that one is the same one I think it is, once it settled into a place in my tank, it stayed there for quite a while.

It just needs to find it's "happy place". :)

Yea that's how my BTA is. Unfortunately for this anemone, even if it finds a good spot, I'm moving the rock soon so it's gunna have to keep looking :)

So I discovered an interesting hitchhiker last night...what appears to be a red mithrax crab. I'm trying to figure out some way to trap the little guy so I can definitively figure out what it is and determine whether or not to get rid of it...

So I just got my clean up crew today. Ordered some chaeto, mangroves, and dwarf cerith's from reefcleaners. Fantastic job by John I must say. One odd thing, I ordered 10 cerith's but John sent me over 100...what should I do as far as prices? I can't very well just let 90 of them die because I don't want the cost of em. But I really don't want $25 worth of snails on my tab. Anywho, since this is technically the first livestock I'm adding, guess it's time to get a tally going.

So I just got my clean up crew today. Ordered some chaeto, mangroves, and dwarf cerith's from reefcleaners. Fantastic job by John I must say. One odd thing, I ordered 10 cerith's but John sent me over 100...what should I do as far as prices? I can't very well just let 90 of them die because I don't want the cost of em. But I really don't want $25 worth of snails on my tab. Anywho, since this is technically the first livestock I'm adding, guess it's time to get a tally going.

I orders 20 and got 80. But I have other tanks to put them in. Be careful they are known to climb out of tanks.

I orders 20 and got 80. But I have other tanks to put them in. Be careful they are known to climb out of tanks.

Plus since you withdrew from the contest you really don't have a tab, correct? Now its about the life of the animals that is important. Unless your back in...Ill buy some from you if you need to unload some.

I could take a few of the snails, and you could donate some to other members of the Reef Club.

I'm pretty sure it's the Nerites that crawl out of the tank, not the Ceriths.

. I have been following along but did I miss this somewhere? Why?

I didn't like the 12x12x9 dimensions of the tank. I wanted a 12x12x12 true cube. I mentioned it a few times, but amongst 40+ pages of a thread it's easy to miss lol.

I could take a few of the snails, and you could donate some to other members of the Reef Club.

I'm pretty sure it's the Nerites that crawl out of the tank, not the Ceriths.

You can definitely have some of em. And from what I've read, Nerites do climb out of their tank, rather than Ceriths. I have seen quite a few of them climbing to the waterline though in the last few hours since I put them in my 10g.

yeah there is a nice 3 page run of me arguing with doclove because he has contributed so much its a shame hes not in the contest. Only thing that I don't agree with is I think if he does run his tank along with the rest of the contest threads it could take away from the contestants especially if he does a great job(which I am sure he will)

yeah there is a nice 3 page run of me arguing with doclove because he has contributed so much its a shame hes not in the contest. Only thing that I don't agree with is I think if he does run his tank along with the rest of the contest threads it could take away from the contestants especially if he does a great job(which I am sure he will)

I wouldn't be so sure of that :) But don't worry, I won't steal anyone's thunder. And I'll keep updates out of the contest thread so as to not confuse potential voters.

Meh, just count the cost of a few, you have a spare 100 in there & can keep em all alive more power to ya. Still don't understand us counting them in the cost since they won't be in a single pict. I take but whatever :)

You can definitely have some of em. And from what I've read, Nerites do climb out of their tank, rather than Ceriths. I have seen quite a few of them climbing to the waterline though in the last few hours since I put them in my 10g.

I was to the understanding that the dwarf Ceriths like to climb out, not the full size one's.

I was to the understanding that the dwarf Ceriths like to climb out, not the full size one's.

Idk, I was just going by the information on reefcleaners website.

So after realizing today how much power the MJ1200 uses (295gph at 20w) I am going to make a change with return pump. I'm either going to create a second return and use two Hydor Pico Evolution 600's (each 160gph at 4w), or just use one Pico Evo 1200 (300gph at 8w). The problem is the difference in max head pressure. I'm no plumbing expert, but it seems like flow loss would be linearly related to head pressure. At around a 6" head pressure, I'd be getting 235gph from the Pico 1200, and only about 190gph combined from the two 600's. The benefit of course would be a more diffused flow. And the 190gph is still almost 30x the volume of the tank.

Archived