inTank Media Baskets

Fragging----I need some help-please

Iphantom

I am thinking about fraging my mushroom leather so I can place it closer to the bottom(do you think I should or do you think its ok where it is?-see pics of my tank post

I am worried about its placement since its starting to get close to the surface

if you think its too close or not in a good spot or could be in a better spot please let me know

if it is in a bad spot-where should I put it and how do I frag it?

the only think I have ever fragged is my green star polyps (which are extremely easy you can basically rip off the pieces if you wanted to and they would grow back)

-thanks

-Matt

Cut off a major chunk, or slice the whole thing like a pizza, then either glue down the frags or place them in a small sheltered container (like a small tupperware dish placed in the tank with holes drilled in the lid to allow for GENTLE circulation) with LR rubble and allow them to adhere naturally, then place the rubble chunks.

Some people have fragged mushrooms with a blender and they even survive that!

Why don't you just move the peice of LR that its attached to closer to the bottom of your tank? . . seems like the easier / more logical thing to do.

d.

p.s. You might wanna do something about that signature man, its a obscenely long. I'm sure if anyone wants to know stuff like how many pounds of sand y ou have in your tank or what kind of hermit crabs you have they'll just ask.:P

Woah,.. Dude.. I wouldnt go as far as putting one in a blender.. but different strokes for different folkes. I would just go in with a razor blade and cut it off from the live rock at the base..

I think people are getting confused. You are not trying to frag a simple mushroom, but a Mushroom/toadstool type leather correct?

I have had friends who frag those by cutting a section off of the side and rubber banding it to a rock with the polyp side up. You might also be able to cut the coral in half and each half will have a large portion of the leather stalk/base.

yea its a toadstol leather

im not really trying to frag it like to keep the main one and start a new one I am trying to move the whole thing to a differnt place in the tank I cant move the rock cause it huge and has other corals on it

I think I am gonna cut the leather with a razor at the base and find a clear plastic cup and attach the cup to the side of my tank and poke holes it in and put a small piece of rock in and hope that works-what do you think?

You very well might be able to cut the stalk close to the rock and just use super glue gel to attach the cut stalk to a new rock. Just wipe the stalk and rock before using an ample amount of glue. If that doesn't work you will have to let it attach naturally.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't even done the frag yet cause I'm to scared

I'm not gonna use super glue anyways

but the toadstool leather is starting to reach the water surface so right after my next water change I'm gonna cut it as close to the live rock as possible and then I'm gonna wedge it in another piece where it will have much more room to grow-if that doesn't work I'm going to take a cup with holes in it and a small piece of live rock and stick the rock in the cup stick the cup to the side of the tank and use elastics or something like that to make it stay until it attachs

-Matt

Archived