Top Shelf Aquatics

eswong's Cube of Awesome! (Tons of Pics!)

eswong

I think you are refering to my jbj digital thermometer.

How do you attach your rics to your rocks? I,ve tried gel super glue with no success.....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just use gel super glue. I scrape the rock where I am gong to stick it with my finger nail. If the ric isn't attached to a small rock, I do that first. Then put glue on the small rock, then on the rock that was scraped.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since an update. Getting back into school, time is hard to find, anyway...

Here is my baby today.

EndofSept2012.jpg

EndofSept2010.jpg

EndofSept2013.jpg

EndofSept2018.jpg

Check out my new Sun Coral!

EndofSept2002.jpg

Check out my thermometer.

EndofSept037.jpg

Going to the frag show in Cincinnati this weekend going to bring home some cool sh*t! Hopefully

Thinking about putting a 20in 150w Sunpod on this baby. Any suggestions?

Wang it is looking really good I like the placement of the feather duster. How about all that macro algea it is growing off the hook. :wizard: Open NOW sun corals!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok here are some new pics. I went to the frag show in Cincy, and Also upgraded my light to a 150w Sunpod, With a 14K Phoenix. Check it out.

SaltwaterTank016.jpg

FTS

SaltwaterTank019.jpg

Left Side

SaltwaterTank024.jpg

Right Side

SaltwaterTank039.jpg

Where my SPS hangs out

Wow looks great! My 28 gal is envious!! Hows that 150W sunpod treating you? Do you prefer the open top set up now? Im going to be looking into upgrading my canopy at somepoint in the future. Dont think 105W will last me long. Not sure what route I will end up doing though because I love having my moonlights! Some separate actinics on their own switch would be sexy with a 150W..

But yeah the tank looks excellent man. Keep up the good work!

Wow looks great! My 28 gal is envious!! Hows that 150W sunpod treating you? Do you prefer the open top set up now? Im going to be looking into upgrading my canopy at somepoint in the future. Dont think 105W will last me long. Not sure what route I will end up doing though because I love having my moonlights! Some separate actinics on their own switch would be sexy with a 150W..

But yeah the tank looks excellent man. Keep up the good work!

Loving the sunpod. Growth is Crazy. I didn't think I was going to like the open top, but it grew on me. I made a net screen top, and got and ATO, and haven't looked back. I do miss the Moon lights from the stock hood.

I was pushing 81 degrees with the stock hood. Went from 105w PCs to 150w HQI and temp now is solid 77 degrees. Might have helped I got a new thermometer.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok Some more pics!

All these were taken by my girlfriend they are awesome.

Above tank shots-

Mandarindeerfeetphotosofphotos2023.jpg

Mandarindeerfeetphotosofphotos2024.jpg

Mandarindeerfeetphotosofphotos2025.jpg

Mandarindeerfeetphotosofphotos2027.jpg

Acans-

Mandarindeerfeetphotosofphotos2028.jpg

Awesome Macro-

Mandarindeerfeetphotosofphotos2029.jpg

Happy Sun Coral-

Mandarindeerfeetphotosofphotos2038.jpg

My biggest Ric, it is the size of my fist-

Mandarindeerfeetphotosofphotos2043.jpg

Mini nem-

Blastfromthepastotherscanned####009.jpg

YWG-

Mandarindeerfeetphotosofphotos2048.jpg

We are waiting for this guy to hang himself, always so depressed

Ok I good friend bought me a Mandarin, and told me I had to keep it alive. So here he or she is

Mandarindeerfeetphotosofphotos2054.jpg

Mandarindeerfeetphotosofphotos2056.jpg

Does it look skinny?

Mandarindeerfeetphotosofphotos2052.jpg

I am trying to get it to eat frozen, but no luck so far. I today went and got some plain sushi roe, and it ate some of that. So I guess we'll see what happens

The first meeting of my YWG and the Mandarin-

Mandarindeerfeetphotosofphotos2082.jpg

Mandarindeerfeetphotosofphotos2081.jpg

Mandarindeerfeetphotosofphotos2083.jpg

Archived