ReefCleaners.org

Green hair algae on SPS

bobioden

When I installed my Refugium a month back I accidently knocked over 2 Sps and a piece on each broke off. I used Locktite Glue Gel and re-attached them

I am now getting green hair algae on the areas where I glued the pieces together.

This is the only place in the tank I have the hair algae. How do I get rid of this? I tried scrubbing if off with a soft toothbrush but it came right back. Will the macro algae I have in my refugiun eventually kill it off?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

???

Bob

I don't know what to tell ya. That stuff never seems to die. I have some at the base of one of my sps frags and I have tried plucking and scrubing it but to no avail.

The coral is starting to encrust over the algae, but I scrub the algae off every few days.

If it's possible try to cover the algae with something to block the light from geting to it.

Or you can try scrubing it off and then put some superglue over it to keep it from spreading. I have never tried it so who knows if it will work, but it's worth a shot.

You really need alot of macro for a refugium to really work. I have alot of macro in one of my tanks and I still have a little hair algae.

How's your phosphate level?

Archived