ReefCleaners.org

Pet Kingdom - San Diego

brahm

Has anybody been to this store. I used to go there when I was a kid to check out all the cool reptiles and then later when a friend of mine worked in that same deparment. So I figured I'd check it out this week and see what they have going for a salt water / reef deparment if any... I'll I can say is wow, that place has gone DOWN hill, there department is a Mess, the tanks are sloppy, prices are high, and while they do seems to have a decent selection it's hard pressed to find the price on the item. To top all that off, when I went i was just so lucky to be there as they were adding new live stock to the tanks.. NO ACCLIMATION AT ALL.. Frogspawn, Hammer, Rics everything.. Just dropped them right in the tank no heating, no dripping just cut the bag and drop em in.. From what I used to think was a good pet store, I was rather disapointed...Did I fergot to mention most of the tanks had some rather unlawful pests growing in them..

Yah that place is pretty #### poor. They get some nice fish in, too bad they treat the tanks like crap. I wouldn't buy any corals there, but it is good if you need some snails or hermits or whatever quick.... and don't want to stand around for 2 hours at Aquatic Warehouse trying to get service.

Yea that is true, I just expected alot more from that store look at there other deparments like the reptile they are awsome. I mean they have a room built for a Gator!, it pathetic to see how neglected there Saltwater Deparement is.

MrKrispy - I agree with you about AW. The first two times I went there I was molested with customer service. Which is good. But ever since then I have to beg for help. Usually all the person is doing is cleaning glass or sucking yuck out of the sale tanks. Then sometimes they act all put out. There are really only two nice people who have really helped me out consistently and are nice there. One of which is always at the register.

The staff at Pet Kingdom isn't very knowledgeable either. I have this client whose tank is 36"x36"x30" and they told him it was a 400 gallon tank and have been selling him very large triggers and angels to stock it.

Archived