Top Shelf Aquatics

Peraly jawfish question

Kennetht

I got a pearly jawfish today, and have a question. At the LFS, he was hiding under a rock when I got him. I now have him in my tank, and he's just sitting up front on the substrate against a rock. He's watching everything, but he hasn't explored the tank or anything. Is there something wrong with him, or is he just scared and waiting for lights out to go exploring? Thanks in advance for the help. (I SEARCHED AND FOUND NOTHING ALREADY)

I have a yellow headed jaw fish and i would assume that thier lifestyles are pretty much the same. Mine took a while to acclimate properly to my tank till he became the bulldozing fiend that he is today. Hopefully yours does not do as mine did and disappear under your live rock for almost 2 weeks. Thought the guy was dead but now he has his little burrow that he pops in and out of.

He has now made a hole under the rock he was hiding in. He hasn't bothered anything, because the rock is in the back of the tank. He's only 1.5" - 2" long now, but he's very interested i everything.

Yeah mine made a hole in the back also but as Crakeur said mine has a tendancy to just dig for the fun of it at time and keeps covering some growth on my rock. So i burry him in return to keep him busy for a while.

Archived