inTank Media Baskets

Misc. tank pics

JohnnyMTB

'Koosdick- you may want to read up yourself - That is a "mine urchin" from the Florida Keys, grows to about 2 inches, and consumes algae. The spines on pencils are completely different, usually banded, pencils also mostly have spines only around the outer edge, they have a bald spot on top.

Thanks for the incorrect ID 'Koos.

Look up Eucidaris tribuloides - Mine urchin

Heterocentrotus mammillatus - pencil urchin

I suggest you read before you POST 'Koos.

Originally posted by JohnnyMTB

'Koosdick- you may want to read up yourself - That is a "mine urchin" from the Florida Keys, grows to about 2 inches, and consumes algae. The spines on pencils are completely different, usually banded, pencils also mostly have spines only around the outer edge, they have a bald spot on top.  

Thanks for the incorrect ID 'Koos.

Look up Eucidaris tribuloides - Mine urchin

Heterocentrotus mammillatus - pencil urchin

I suggest you read before you POST 'Koos.

'koosdick, just so you are actually aware of it... JMTB just b*tchedslapped the chit out of you! Damn.

Thanks, maybe we can swap some frags when they get big enough. I go up to Tsali to do some mountain biking a few times a year, NC is beautiful country!

First off, great looking tank Johnnymtb..

That purple digi doesn't look much like a digi to me, looks more like an acro sp.

m.digi has small immeresed corallites, and no axial corallites.. your pic definately has axial corallites.

-skeletor-

Yeah, digitata is a montipora, digitifera (sp?) is the acro species. I usually just type "digi" to keep from screwing it up.

Archived