Coral Vue Hydros

5 Stage RO, Can it Become an RO/DI

DashingAquatics

DashingAquatics

Hey guys,

I was curious if any one has converted their 5 stage ro unit into an RO/DI, I was thinking about buying the 10" Di Cartridge and installing it into the 3rd chamber of my RO unit and changeing the plumbing so that it is post RO for the 3rd chamber.

Any one know if this will work or have tried this?

Thank you.

DashingAquatics

I have a 5 Micron Pre Filter, 2 .5 Micron Carbon Block Filters My Odour & Taste remover a small cartridge attached to the top of the Ro houseing and the Ro filter its self.

AZDesertRat

You are on the right track. All you need is a filled DI cartridge, you should have everything else you need.

Replumb your system so it has a 1 micron or less prefilter, a single high quality carbon block like the 0.6 micron Chlorine Guzzler, the RO membrane then back down to the unused carbon canister which you plumb after the membrane. It may take a 1/4" fitting or two but probably no more than $10 in parts plus the DI.

Two carbons are not needed if you use a single god quality carbon block preceded by a good prefilter so it allows the carbon to act as it was intended and not as a secondary prefilter which some vendors do. Why spend money on a carbon when you are plugging it with particulates that pass through a high micron prefilter?

Archived