Pod Your Reef

TheUnfocusedLove's 5.5 - The Intersect

TheUnfocusedLove

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheUnfocusedLove

Thanks tankhax. :)

TUO...GFY (Good For You..but not really)

Everything is in the tank and doing good so far, although I had to tear apart my rockscape to get the breeders net to fit.

Captain Awesome is eating like a true chunker, he watches me expectantly every time I am near the tank. He's eating flake and frozen. He is extremely personable and is great entertainment. And has his daytime perch and a nice little hole for night time that he enjoys sleeping in. You can only see his little eyeballs and horny things when he is all the way in the hole. It is extremely adorable.

I think that is a long enough introduction for CA. This was his first hidey that got taken apart when the rock was moved around.

CA2.jpg

He even winks at me. :)

CA1.jpg

On another note...the little mantis I am shrimpsitting for TUO is doing good. He has a few pieces of rubble in the breeders net that he has made his temporary home. He's teeny tiny, probably less than an inch. We don't have a definite ID on him yet, but are leaning towards Haptosquilla, specifically hamifera or glyptocercus. My boyfriend has been looking for one of the two for a while now, so we jumped on the chance that this could be him...plus he was only $1 and my LFS was planning on flushing him :angry: . He ate some frozen stuff today and seems to be doing good. Very skittish though.

During acclimation.

Mantis1.jpg

TheUnfocusedOne
On another note...the little mantis I am shrimpsitting for TUO is doing good. He has a few pieces of rubble in the breeders net that he has made his temporary home. He's teeny tiny, probably less than an inch. We don't have a definite ID on him yet, but are leaning towards Haptosquilla, specifically hamifera or glyptocercus. My boyfriend has been looking for one of the two for a while now, so we jumped on the chance that this could be him...plus he was only $1 and my LFS was planning on flushing him :angry: . He ate some frozen stuff today and seems to be doing good. Very skittish though.

During acclimation.

Mantis1.jpg

anyone have any idea on the sp?

hes black, i mean that in itself seems pretty rare to me

TheUnfocusedLove

Put in an order at reefcleaners today. Some snails (my LFS was out when I went) and some macro algae. :) Ships Tuesday, yay.

I adore my fish. I wasn't expecting him to be as active as he is. I moved around some rock yesterday, flipped my biggest piece and found some zoos. They aren't open yet since they've been in the sand for over a month. Hopefully they come around though. Captain Awesome enjoys the new holes he has access to now. My roomie and I watched him for about two hours yesterday as he tried to pick his favorite. He was determined to fit into this really small one and made me really nervous.

Mister mantis is being more brave as well. He likes to observe the rest of the tank.

Pictures soon. I promise.

TheUnfocusedLove

Some new pictures.

Captain Awesome:

CA3s.jpg

CA4s.jpg

Top down of Captain in his favorite hole:

CA5s.jpg

Hermit and hitchhiker zoos:

HC1s.jpg

TheUnfocusedOne's Mantis:

MS1.jpg

Ordered a light for my fuge and a moonlight from Fosters and Smith today. Captain Awesome really enjoyed his photo shoot today, but wouldn't sit still enough for any decent pictures.

That mantis is awesome! I wish I could have gotten that kind of deal!

Also, captain awesome really does look awesome like Justin said!

TheUnfocusedLove

Jacob - Yeah, it was an amazing deal and we couldn't pass it up. Thanks. :)

Bri - I know, right? I still vote for Zar.

Captain Awesome now eats out of my hand, which is pretty sweet. He is a piggy. He also changes color to camouflage himself while he is sleeping. :)

TheUnfocusedLove

I just got two packages of goodies in the mail today (one from NANOYED and the other from Carlton'sTank). :) Everything looks great and was packaged wonderfully. Even got some freebies. :) In total I got 14 frags from these guys. Some have opened up already (just finished putting them in the tank) and I will get pictures once the rest have.

Edit: Just got my last two packages. From RaceChase and Reefcleaners. Both were packaged great as well. Everything is in the tank and happy now. Waiting on a few more things to open before pictures. :)

TheUnfocusedLove

Lots of pictures of my new stuff. :) Many thanks to Carlton's Tank, Racechase, and NANOYED.

IMG_7368.jpg

TWZ4.jpg

TWZ1.jpg

TWZ2.jpg

TWZ6.jpg

TWZ7.jpg

TWZ8.jpg

TWZ9.jpg

TWZ10.jpg

Captain Awesome would try to zoom into every picture. He is such a cute wittle camera hoggie. I love him. :)

Enjoy!

Nice looking frags! I think I said this before but your fish is in fact awesome lol. Also, I should be getting a frag from Carlton'sTank this week :)

TheUnfocusedLove
:ninja: I'll probably start a tank thread next weekend. :happy:

:lol: Can't wait.

your tank is going to be a zoa garder for sure! Love the blenny BTW, I have a tailspot blenny and they are just the coolest fish.

Thanks! Can't wait to get the new frags this week! When I was going to the LFS the day I got my blenny I was planning on getting a tailspot. They are such cute little guys, but I adore my little linear blenny. It is unbelievable how friendly he is.

Nice looking frags! I think I said this before but your fish is in fact awesome lol. Also, I should be getting a frag from Carlton'sTank this week :)

Haha, thanks! I'm getting another package from Carlton's Tank this week as well. :happydance: I loved the frags I got the first time so much I just had to have more. Can't wait to see what you got.

TheUnfocusedLove

Some new zoos coming in tomorrow. Can't wait. :happydance:

Also, might be trading some frags with a tank here on campus in the zoology building. :)

Archived