Pod Your Reef

Cons of Tap Water

sae647

The term "Well Water" is kind of misleading just as the words tap water, city water, treated water or spring water are.

A well can be hand dug and 6 feet deep or even an artesian. On the other hand it can be 1000 feet deep and through fractured sandstone. or it could be 35 feet deep and influenced by a nearby river or stream. I hate to see someone classify it as well water when it can mean so many different things.

Even domestic well versus city well can be misleading since my domestic well may be 400 feet deep and have a 15 HP submersible pump or a 150 HP vertical turbine pump in it while yours is a simple well point driven in the ground with a 1 HP jet pump.

You can't say "well water" without specifying what you are calling a "well". Like I said before my last Municipality in the Phoenix metro area still uses 32 deep wells to provide water to 135,000 citizens. It is chlorinated and thats it no other treatment. There are still lots of small utilities that don't chlorinate just like most individual or domestic wells but others may have an arsenic treatment system containing GFO and serve only 25 people. Well water is deceiving at best and needs to be clarified.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived